• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big freeze could signal global warming 'pause'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Hmmm, let me think.

Well that can only end in tears. Laughter for us, disappointment for you!

Yes I've come to conclusion.

I'll just believe what the BBC, Al Gore, and the IPCC media poodles tell me to believe because I am so hard of thinking!!
    FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Let us examine how peer review works for climate change science:

...block publication of papers written by the sceptics and prohibit unfriendly peer review of their own papers. Second, the sceptics were demonized through false labelling and false accusations
      source
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ten facts about global warming
        Beanheads like sasguru don’t want you to know

1. Britain is one degree Celsius cooler now than it was at the time of the Domesday book.
        2. Greenland got its name from the verdant pastures that attracted the Norse settlers under Eric the Red in 986. They carried on their normal way of life (based on cattle, grain, hay and herring) for 300 years until the Little Ice Age, when they were driven off by the encroaching ice and the Inuit took over. The ice and the Inuit are still there.
        3. Carbon dioxide is a minor greenhouse gas. In the atmosphere there is over a hundred times the concentration of water vapour, which is the dominant greenhouse gas.
        4. Without the Greenhouse Effect there would be no life on Earth.
        5. Temperature measurements by satellite, radio sonde balloons and well maintained rural surface stations in the West show no significant warming.
        6. The evidence of significant warming comes from surface stations that are probably affected by a variety of factors that contaminate the data.
        7. Computer models of the climate are worthless, as they are based on many assumptions about interactions between climate factors that are still unknown to science. They are generally unstable and chaotic, giving a wide variety of answers depending on the input assumptions. Take a bow sg!
        8. The Kyoto agreement would have a devastating effect on the world economy but, since carbon dioxide is a minor greenhouse gas, an undetectable effect on the climate.
        9. The IPCC (the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has been the main engine for promoting the global warming scare. It has become notorious for its corrupt practices of doctoring its reports and executive summaries, after they have been approved by the participating scientists, to conform to its political objectives
        10. The really big lie about man-made global warming is that almost all scientists accept it. More than 4,000 scientists from 106 countries, including 72 Nobel prize winners, signed the Heidelberg Appeal (1992), calling for a rational scientific approach to environmental problems. Many senior scientists have also supported The Statement by Atmospheric Scientists on Greenhouse Warming (1992), The Leipzig Declaration (1997) and finally the Oregon Petition (1998) which received the signatures of over 19,000 scientists.

So there we have it. Enough food for thought to at least question some of the conclusions that the HIPCCocrites are bandying about.
        Unless of course you are of the same lemming-like instincts as some.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          unverifiable cut n paste guff
          I told you I'll give your opinion the respect it deserves. You can stop googling like a hysterical woman now
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

List of sceptical scientists

Interesting quote from 2006:

Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology, Western Washington University: "global warming since 1900 could well have happened without any effect of CO2. If the cycles continue as in the past, the current warm cycle should end soon and global temperatures should cool slightly until about 2035"[24]
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 January 2010, 16:22.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I told you I'll give your opinion the respect it deserves. You can stop blowing my flimsy arguments away now.
              And up goes the sg white flag! About time too!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Let us examine how peer review works for climate change science:

source

Ah the weatherman for an obscure US TV station makes some assertion which is instantly repeated by a CUK moron.
                Are you trying to wrest the stupid prize from SB?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

And the submarines. Don't forget the submarines.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    List of sceptical scientists

Interesting quote from 2006:
                    What proportion of those that accept AGW do you think that is?
                    Ok Ok you win - you are considerably more imbecilic than SB.
                    I didn't think that was possible

You'll have to do better than this guys - its too boring - you may force me to do some work just to get some intellectual stimulation.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

By the way there are a heap of refereed papers refuting Global Warming,

As Sasguru rightly says refereed papers are the authority on this.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X