• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internal Politics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see

forgot to say this dood, is a contractor himself.

the thing is, i will walk no problem.

if the man who employed me turns round and says, el duder you have to go, then so be it. i dont have a problem with that.

its just at the moment, he is not doing this, he seems to be supporting me. so i am just getting pissed off with the architect for making my life harder in the office.
    Last edited by el duder; 12 December 2005, 14:28.

Comment

Back in the old Novell Groupwise days, I would employed to sort out a fecked up system domain.

I fixed the problem is 3 days and all was well.

The next week the Groupwise administrator arrived back off holidays - She was not happy and proceeded to put the system back to how it was prior to me getting there.

She'd done all the courses I was the postmaster for the largest domain in the UK . Who was correct?

She was the IT Managers pride and joy - A female Engineer (How unusual)

I left that week.

El - I think the guy is jealous of your youth and ability. Hope it all goes well in your meeting.
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

If you walk make sure you chin the ba**ard!

I hate cnuts like that.

Comment

plus, kick him in the knackers from me too

Comment

Have a word with the chap. Ask him what the problem is and how you can resolve it. You will find in most cases if you act unexpectedly and confront it, it will stop.
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Nah, have some fun

Tell him you're gay and you're going to report him to personnel for discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation (phew, that was close, nearly typed fag-baiting!).
              Why not?

Comment

Ignore the twat, you're supposed to be a professional, act like one!

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                  I started with a team of 10 that took 4 days to complete a simple task but cut this down to a team of 4 that took only 30mins to do the same task. I guess by doing this I really rubbed it in that the PM was not doing their job.
                  Had a similar experience years ago. Ended up getting the boot after a month.

Sometimes making improvements can get you places and impress the managers, sometimes the permies get all worried and start to circle the wagons...

Comment

Working...
                  X