• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running out of Glenlivet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Roads are fine till you hit the driveway then it's a walk if you want to get the car out again.

A wee bit further north and yer very welcome
    Avatar a clue is it? I recall my father telling me when I was a 'wee boy' that the Scots were generous when it comes to hospitality, just not parting with cash.

Eg Come in my child, feast on my food and drink.

Visitor : Why thanks, can I also borrow a tenner?

Host : Slams door in visitors face

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      You fixed the boiler and her Dad's laptop.
      WHS

In fact, the FiL really ought to be buying you a bottle by way of thanks. Get her to start hinting heavily

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        WHS

In fact, the FiL really ought to be buying you a bottle by way of thanks. Get her to start hinting heavily
        Genious you and RC.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          WHS

wtas and for goodness sake, get something decent while you're at it!

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
            wtas and for goodness sake, get something decent while you're at it!
            Really open to suggestions sp.

Over the years I have enjoyed

Oban
            Talisker
            Glenfiddich (rough I accept that)
            Laphroig
            Glenlivet

Guide me oh great one.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Guide me oh great one.
              Carlsberg

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Carlsberg

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Won't wash me ole son. Cunning is required.
                  Then you need to get control.

I take it that you lack the means to have proper housekeeping staff and your wife has to take on that role. Well, a sharp slap accompanied by the words, "Oi, woman. The Glenlivet is running out. Sort it or you'll get more than a slap" should solve the problem.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Lagavulin

Comment

1st need to determine your tastes...of the ones you mentioned, any stand out? otherwise, speyside or islands is the main choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X