• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oooh, vote of no confidence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linky worky for me

Comment

He wheedle out of this one again, I bet.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Patricia Hewitt says she thinks Mr Brown did very well in attacking the Tories over their economic policies at prime minister's questions. She says the PM's supporters - not just his opponents - should back her call for a secret ballot on his future. It will give Labour the best chance of winning the election, Ms Hewitt adds.
        This will be spun into a vote of confidence, which Brown will of course win.

Comment

Working now, thanks for delivering the fix Churchy

I had wondered if Gordo would be challenged prior to the election, odds are they're hoping for some honeymoon period that will raise their election chances.
          Let's face it who could they replace him with that has any credibility to make that shower electable?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Let's face it who could they replace him with that has any credibility to make that shower electable?
            God help us if it's Harriet Harman.

Comment

From the comments on the Beeb's "Technical problems" page:

4. At 1:41pm on 06 Jan 2010, John Airey wrote:

It's a shame that the BBC didn't give me a job working in your technical department. I've worked with computers for nearly thirty years and I'm one of the world's best Linux Engineers (according to Red Hat). I'd have your problems fixed by now. The reason given for not hiring me was that I wasn't enthusiastic enough about technology! However I was suffering from post traumatic stress at the time of the interview.

Steve, please get your HR department to contact me. Thank you. John Airey.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                God help us if it's Harriet Harman.
                It's Mandelson's for the taking now if he wants it enough ....

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  ... I had wondered if Gordo would be challenged prior to the election, odds are they're hoping for some honeymoon period that will raise their election chances. ...
                  There would be no honeymoon period prior to the election - Jonah would ask for a dissolution immediately, although that would mean stitching up Labour. He's that egocentric, malevolent, and vindictive.

The snag is most Labour MPs know this, and that they're in for a pasting come the election. So they're simply hanging on, to continue lining their own pockets for a few more months, and McDoom is as safe as the Rock of Gibraltar until then.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A couple of has-beens with no power in government trying to get one last hurrah before they are voted out?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

What we need is 4 years of BNP to sort out this country

A few Blackshirts roaming the streets to sort out the riff-raff
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X