• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vista Print: Experience of CUKers in Business Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Nothing like you'll get from a proper printers. I use http://www.jamjarprint.co.uk/ and the cards were a million times better than the VistaPrint ones they replaced. Real top notch stuff.

Using a proper printer means you will have to get the artwork professionally produced though with all the bleed marks etc on there but it makes better sense to do that anyway in the long run.
    WHS - I use a local printer who produces good quality business cards. Not as cheap as VistaPrint, granted, but way better. And still very affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      WHS - I use a local printer who produces good quality business cards. Not as cheap as VistaPrint, granted, but way better. And still very affordable.
      Who does the artwork for you? The printer or someone else? I print my own and they look ok but I'm sure it would look better if created professionally...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I use printing.com
        very good service, a decent price and they do small business packages which gives you cards, paper and some other printed materials
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Who does the artwork for you? The printer or someone else? I print my own and they look ok but I'm sure it would look better if created professionally...
          I've seen yours in the phonebox, they look Ok to me...

Comment

(1) Local printer will be able to do the artwork (they all have Apple Macs)

(2) Get a local graphic designer to do the artwork (they all have Apple Macs) - ask around or find one from local college/6th form/uni.

(3) Use one of the 'online' logo-maker services (they all have Apple Macs too)

(4) DIY and provide a PDF to the printer

I've done most of the above, and know others who've tried the options I haven't. All seem to produce acceptable results.

Comment

I used to use VistaPrint regularly, but about 2 years ago the quality went very downhill. Always paid extra for the premium cards but they ended up at a worse quality than the free ones I once ordered as a trial.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                I've seen yours in the phonebox, they look Ok to me...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Is that what you offer on the cards in the phone boxes?

For that matter what's Churchy doing checking out phone boxes when he has CM to hand?

Comment

Mine were delivered from Vistaprint yesterday - on their Christmas offer were very good value, and I'm happy enough with the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      (1) Local printer will be able to do the artwork (they all have Apple Macs)

(2) Get a local graphic designer to do the artwork (they all have Apple Macs) - ask around or find one from local college/6th form/uni.

(3) Use one of the 'online' logo-maker services (they all have Apple Macs too)

(4) DIY and provide a PDF to the printer

I've done most of the above, and know others who've tried the options I haven't. All seem to produce acceptable results.
                      I've made me own logo (made with Gimp).

Comment

Working...
                      X