• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with the economy are just starting ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    It seems this thread has turned into handbags at 20 paces, leave it SB 'es not worth it.
    Pah these johnny-come-latelies.
    Way back in CUK tradition, SB and I have a rich and honourable history of me besting him with my wit and intelligence.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Way back in CUK tradition, SB and I have a rich and honourable history of me besting him with my wit and intelligence.
      That's true actually.

He is the only one on here you can best (and I counted andyW also)

Comment

Pah these johnny-come-latelies.
        It would require an awfully long trip back in history to find an occasion when a slack-jawed peabrain like you could ever best me sg!!
        If I might use a Naval analogy, that would be the equivalent of the Bismark being crippled by the Isle of Wight Ferry!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Experts

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I will ask an expert
          Hmm recent events have shown that "expert" opinions dont always equate to what transpires. Experts in finance appear to be highly paid pissh'eads, whose predictions I would give less weight than my local mystic tarot card reader.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
            Experts in finance appear to be highly paid pissh'eads, whose predictions I would give less weight than my local mystic tarot card reader.
            So still head and shoulders above sg then?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

As the PIGS are in deep tulipe (unemployment in Spain is at depression levels - 20% and Greece is effectively bust), what will the Germans do as they move out of recession? Because a growing economy needs a different policy to one in the doldrums e.g. you cannot keep interest rates low.
              Italy and the like used to devalue and inflate in past situations like this but cannot now - they have to make the hard decision to stick with austerity.
              Its going to be interesting.
              Meanwhile in the UK whatever government is elected in May will have to make swingeing cuts so expect unemployment (in the public sector) to be massively increased, house prices to fall drastically and the postponed recession to take hold.
              depression

FTFY

Comment

Working...
              X