• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is the best Doctor Who?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    <anorak on>The Cushing films were non-canonical. <anorak off>.

I think we should ditch the whole Doctor Who and start again with Doctor's Daughter.

But I think things will improve with Moffat. Two of his stories ( Empty Child/Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace) have won Hugo awards. The other ones he did were good too: Blink, the Library.
    That's exactly what Mr P said said to me - and I consider him the fount of all things Whovian.

The best Dr seems to be the one you grew up with and for many years it was Baker for me with Sarah Jane and Jo being my favorite companions.

However I think Tennet and Catherine Tate tops them.
    I didn't know anything about Catherine Tate when she joined the series and was a bit skeptical, but really enjoyed her performances and liked the fact that there was no romance there and she was more of an equal than the others. She also had some really good lines.
    If you watch some of the old shows the Doctor can be cringingly patronising to his female companions - even Romana, who was a Time Lord too.

I liked what I saw of Matt Smith and the trailers look good ( The weeping angels are back) so much to look forward to
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

The new Doctor looks like a gimp

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
        The new Doctor looks like a gimp

I thought he looked a bit like a younger version of HAB's avatar but i'll reserve judgement until after the first episode.
        Last edited by Durbs; 4 January 2010, 15:59.

Comment

As far as assistants go - my vote is for Martha Jones aka Freema Agyeman- her bravado and determination was superbly demonstrated in The Last of the TimeLords - a fantastic performance.

That said Catherine Tates performance in The Fires of Pompei was remarkable.

IMHO - the best episode since the show was re-launched - The Parting of the Ways with Chris Ecclestone and Billie Piper .
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 January 2010, 18:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            That's exactly what Mr P said said to me - and I consider him the fount of all things Whovian.
            Did he then ask you for some more peas Norma?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Oi, BP, NO!!!!!!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                OH my, Bagpuss thinks I'M sad

Run along and play with your mouse organ dear.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                X