• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is the best Doctor Who?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not forget;

Rowan Atkinson
    Jim Broadbent
    Hugh Grant
    Richard E. Grant
    and
    Joanna Lumley

as the Doctors in 'The Curse of the Fatal Death'

And Jonathan Price as the best Master ever - I'm sure he started the 'Muhahaha' here before Dr Evil...

Dalek Bumps!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Nicola Bryant.
      Nicola "baps" Bryant, to give her her proper title.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What about Peter Cushing and his assistant Bernard Cribins?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's definitely an age thing. I went for Patrick Troutface as he's my era but I saw one of his episodes a couple of months ago and to say "it's not aged well" would be very kind indeed.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Hold on...

There's been 12 incarnations (including Cushing) - isn't that the limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Best assistant? Sarah Jane Smith

Loved her when I was 12, love her still

Although I admit, I'd push her out of bed for Billie Piper
              Billie Piper was terrible, and don't get me started on Catherine Tate.

I'm looking forward to the doctor not falling for all of his assistants (thankfully we're shot of Russell T Davies, and maybe Stephen Moffat will redeem things).
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Billie Piper was terrible, and don't get me started on Catherine Tate.

I'm looking forward to the doctor not falling for all of his assistants (thankfully we're shot of Russell T Davies, and maybe Stephen Moffat will redeem things).
                I hope so, that last episode was absolute tulip! Easily the worst episode since the comeback
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

<anorak on>The Cushing films were non-canonical. <anorak off>.

I think we should ditch the whole Doctor Who and start again with Doctor's Daughter.

But I think things will improve with Moffat. Two of his stories ( Empty Child/Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace) have won Hugo awards. The other ones he did were good too: Blink, the Library.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bernard Cribbins Dr Who assistant man and boy, 'ardest job in the world
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I enjoyed John Pertwee.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X