• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heroic Cartoonists.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Absolutely. You'd never see Christians protesting and picketing cinemas over such things as say, The Life of Brian.
    Protesting and picketing is one thing, trying to kill is totally different - Theo van Gogh got killed only recently (few years ago): his "crime" - he made legal movie under the laws of the country where he lived.

Comment

Why are these people here anyway? Mostly useless and a risk to all of us.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6965717.ece
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mark Steyn:

a significant percentage of Muslims in the west do not understand concepts such as pluralism and freedom of expression. A further percentage understand them very well but reject them as loser fetishes incompatible with the requirements of Islamic supremacism
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          British Police are trained to aim for head and chest and basically shoot to kill, not shoot to wound (just ask Jean Charles de Menezes).
          A large number of shots. Some of which missed from a range of 3 feet. British firearms can't even manage a proper execution.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Absolutely. You'd never see Christians protesting and picketing cinemas over such things as say, The Life of Brian.

There are plenty who do protest, they just don't get as much media coverage. It must be fun to work in the media and write stories like "Look at the mad Moslems complaining over a silly joke picture" knowing full well that is is highly offensive.

You try publicly having a go at Popery and iconism in the Catholic Church in the High Street and see how long it takes before you get a punch in the gob. But it won't even appear in the local paper.
            WHS - remember the furore in the USA when Mel Gibson released The Passion of the Christ. However, I do agree that some nutters do take things to an extreme.

With regards the original cartoons, there was a particular agenda being followed when they were published. Do a search and you may find details of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              WHS - remember the furore in the USA when Mel Gibson released The Passion of the Christ. However, I do agree that some nutters do take things to an extreme.

With regards the original cartoons, there was a particular agenda being followed when they were published. Do a search and you may find details of this.
              At the end of the day a few nutjob catholics who are up in arms over a film will not try and kill anyone or blow themselves up in the process.They may protest, write to the bbc, but that's about it.

Your everyday Islamic fundamentalist on the other hand......................
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X