• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving Peace a Chance ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Would be a tad ironic if that were the case, is Mr Haw still protesting, I havent been in London for yonks, so does anybody know?
    Here it is:
    3 November 2004: The Government announces legislation specifically aimed at removing Brian's protest - the Serious Organised Crime and Police Bill.

6 April 2005: After much demonstration and lobbying by supporters of Brian and the right to protest, and much criticism in Parliament, the Serious Organised Crime and Police Bill is passed. One of the last pieces of legislation passed before Parliament is dissolved before the general election, the new Act includes laws that will severly restrict the right to protest within 1km of Parliament.

29 July 2005: Just days before the 1 August 2005, after which Brian could be evicted under the new law restricting protest near Parliament, a High Court hearing ruled that Brian's protest is not covered by the legislation because prior authorisation is only necessary for demonstrations that 'start' on or after 1 August.
    Oh god my sides will surely split!

I shouldn't laugh - this is typical of the crap legislation that is churned out of HMG these days.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Here it is:

Oh god my sides will surely split!

I shouldn't laugh - this is typical of the crap legislation that is churned out of HMG these days.
      That is SO funny; I havent laughed so much since my budgie died !!!!

Thanks Wendigo ; you just couldnt make that up !!!!

How much money did this fiasco cost you Mr Blair; yet more taxpayers money squandered from Britains HARD WORKING FAMILIES !!!!

I will let you know my old pal Dr Foxs reaction when I discuss this with him in London in Jan; sure he will find even funnier than myself !!!!!

Thanks for making my day Wendigo !!!!

STOP PRESS

Hey Ive found his website ; come on ; lets give this guy support , he has outsmarted NL ; this guy is a HERO I will be visiting him in Jan ; who wants to come along ?

http://www.parliament-square.org.uk

The heroic Brian Haw

Letter in The Independent, 2 Aug 05

Sir: Brian Haw has struck a major blow for international peace in his passive defiance of government aggression in the face of his peace protest (report, 30 July). I cannot think of anyone who has sacrificed as much as he has on a personal level in the cause of peace in this country and I would like to see him being nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
      Andrew Stephenson, Newhaven, East Sussex

I want to go back to my own kids and look them in the face again knowing that I've done all I can to try and save the children of Iraq and other countries who are dying because of my government's unjust, amoral, fear - and money - driven policies.

These children and people of other countries are every bit as valuable and worthy of love as my precious wife and children."

Brian Haw

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 December 2005, 09:22.

Comment

"Ms Evans was arrested, along with follow demonstrator, Milan Rai, in October as they stood next to the Cenotaph, close to the gated entrance to Downing Street. Mr Rai, 40, a writer, was reading out the names of dead Iraqi civilians. The pair had been intending to ring a bell for each of the names read out. Mr Rai, who had spoken to the police in advance about his protest, was not charged."

Puts a different light on it don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
          "Ms Evans was arrested, along with follow demonstrator, Milan Rai, in October as they stood next to the Cenotaph, close to the gated entrance to Downing Street. Mr Rai, 40, a writer, was reading out the names of dead Iraqi civilians. The pair had been intending to ring a bell for each of the names read out. Mr Rai, who had spoken to the police in advance about his protest, was not charged."

Puts a different light on it don't you think?
          Exactly - what I want to know is if these tree huggers actually work? They make themselves available to the rent a crowd mob at the drop of a hat. They must have very reasonable employers who allow them to take as much time off to bleat about injustice and oppression or more likely they are on the dole - we subsidise their limp wristed worldview.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Alfie, something wrong with the site, can submit email of support.

Also, had you been on the loopy juice when you posted the link? You fecked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              Exactly - what I want to know is if these tree huggers actually work? They make themselves available to the rent a crowd mob at the drop of a hat. They must have very reasonable employers who allow them to take as much time off to bleat about injustice and oppression or more likely they are on the dole - we subsidise their limp wristed worldview.

And what would Jesus have to say about Mr Haws protest Chico ?

Please Let us know from the Christian perpective what view you endorse.

PS Churchill link is OK now thx

Comment

Heres a wee clue for you Chico

“Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.” Psalm 82.3

LORD God, you are always on the side of the oppressed, the poor and the weak.

You move in power and you move through individuals being obedient to your calling.

Thank you for all those who, because of their love for you, have committed themselves to bringing your justice, your love and your care to those who suffer injustice.

Please protect them and their families, anoint their calling and help them to know your presence.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                  Heres a wee clue for you Chico

“Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.” Psalm 82.3

LORD God, you are always on the side of the oppressed, the poor and the weak.

You move in power and you move through individuals being obedient to your calling.

Thank you for all those who, because of their love for you, have committed themselves to bringing your justice, your love and your care to those who suffer injustice.

Please protect them and their families, anoint their calling and help them to know your presence.
                  So Alfred (excellent scripture by the way) how would you propose to defend the oppressed say the likes of the Shia under Saddam?
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    So Alfred (excellent scripture by the way) how would you propose to defend the oppressed say the likes of the Shia under Saddam?
                    The question I put to you was regarding what Jesus would say about Mr Haws protest.

You mocked him as a treehugger yet his actions embody the very principles of Christianty itself.

Why must you mock those who defend the oppressed Chico ?

Now please let me know your thoughts on what Jesus would have said.

Comment

Alfred why don't you answer my question?
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X