• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colombian hostages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He was hard to get target - usually terrorists go for soft targets that can't defend themselves, especially in countries where guns are banned.
    Ye Gods, for someone who hasn't worked out that his wedding tackle does more than stir his tea, you seem to imagine yourself to be an expert on hostage taking.
    Just how many times have you been held hostage AtW? Do tell!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Just how many times have you been held hostage AtW?
      None, but if I was then, given chance, I'd probably not be waiting for imminent death...

Comment

Ye Gods, for someone who hasn't worked out that his wedding tackle does more than stir his tea,
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

you seem to imagine yourself to be an expert on hostage taking.
          hostage taking, banking, the economy, war, guns, the legal system etc etc.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            hostage taking, banking, the economy, war, guns, the legal system etc etc.
            Don't forget divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              None, but if I was then, given chance, I'd probably not be waiting for imminent death...
              No. You'd be blundering off into the jungle without food, fresh water, map, compass, or even the remotest idea where you might be. You said last time.

"Imminent death"

""high-profile hostages, who were seized more than a decade ago""

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

No. You'd be blundering off into the jungle without food, fresh water, map, compass, or even the remotest idea where you might be. You said last time.

"Imminent death"

""high-profile hostages, who were seized more than a decade ago""

I liked Belize.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I liked Belize.
                  No doubt Churchy. But you can read a map and would be able to survive in jungle terrain.
                  AtW could not find both cheeks of his backside in the dark, and would in all probability starve to death unless he stumbled across a Pot Noodle tree!!

Comment

No doubt Churchy. But you can read a map and would be able to survive in jungle terrain.
                    AtW could not find both cheeks of his backside in the dark, and would in all probability starve to death unless he stumbled across a Pot Noodle tree!!

Hmmmmmm, Pot Noodle Tree......

Comment

Churchy...would be able to survive in jungle terrain.
                      Yes he could gnaw at his chip.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X