• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We'll Change Law On Killing Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a hockey stick under the bed and anyone who wants to try and get into the house at night will be brain dead before they leave the building.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Have a hockey stick under the bed and anyone who wants to try and get into the house at night will be brain dead before they leave the building.

That's not humane.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I hate to draw a parallel between hockey sticks and the brain dead. but.............

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          .. combatants being equal, who would win ?? jeez, what a question. I guess you would have to go back to the Roman arena to answer that one. They did ocasionally match greek clubmen(hercules) against thracian knifemen. I dont recall how that turned out

I keep a big trident and a weighted net by the bed - Any burglars will be trussed up like turkeys and pronged before they know what hit them.

Another advantage of short swords, and only stabbing 3 inches, is that the sword is easier to pull out of the victim when their muscles clamp round it.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Another advantage of short swords, and only stabbing 3 inches, is that the sword is easier to pull out of the victim when their muscles clamp round it.

Comment

AtW,

When you see a burglar in your home on Thursday night, please check whether he has a big red sack.

If so, please do NOT shoot him.

Otherwise lots of little children will be very sad on Friday.

Ta.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                AtW,

When you see a burglar in your home on Thursday night, please check whether he has a big red sack.

If so, please shoot him.

Otherwise lots of little children will be very sad on Friday.

Ta.
                FTFY!

Churchill in "NSPCC" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  You present some garbage probabilities and pass them as some kind of proof. Most of the time the burglar will be keen to avoid meeting the householder for a start. Chances are that the mates of anyone you did manage to kill would extract justice on you pretty quickly anyway.
                  I think that in the case where this thread started they did want to meet the householders...

Anyone seen the comedy 'Otis'?
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What do you do if you catch a gorgeous bust blond chick robbing your house?

You couldn't really use your fists on her could you?

This is a serious question by the way (Churchill)
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      What do you do if you catch a gorgeous bust blond chick robbing your house? You couldn't really use your fists on her could you?
                      I should have thought a spot of fisting would not be high on her list of expected activities.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X