• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We'll Change Law On Killing Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I could see a case for gun ownership if society went to pot, but we aren't there yet, or anywhere close. What's the odds of being killed by a burglar in the UK? Close to zero I would suggest. In the states the probability being much higher I imagine, for those that haven't been shot by family members first (the most likely scenario when you own a gun). If you want to shoot someone who is a real threat to you, start with agents.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

If you want to shoot someone who is a real threat to you, start with motorists.
      I don't want to shoot anybody. What I want to have is effective tool of self defence IF I happen to be in a position when that becomes necessary.

In France, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Canada and many other countries such means are made available to qualifying citizens.

What's so effing wrong with this country? It's not like guns were never legal here - they were just few decades ago, it's crazy that it took so little time for a generation to grow up that has no balls

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I don't want to shoot anybody. What I want to have is effective tool of self defence IF I happen to be in a position when that becomes necessary.

In France, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Canada and many other countries such means are made available to qualifying citizens.

What's so effing wrong with this country? It's not like guns were never legal here - they were just few decades ago, it's crazy that it took so little time for a generation to grow up that has no balls
        I'm not keen on having you running around with a gun, deciding who is a threat and who needs to be shot. If that day ever came, I would want to be armed too.

Comment

If that day ever came, I would want to be armed too.

I knew that we'd find an agreement! See, easy and nobody got hurt!

Comment

I think the talk about firearms is a red herring.
            The guys in the original post did not get done for using firearms, but cricket bats and hockey sticks.
            It's easy to do someone in with a stick, once they are down and out. You dont need a gun for that.
            I mean , look at Attila the hun. I bet no one burgled HIS tent more than once

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I knew that we'd find an agreement! See, easy and nobody got hurt!
              I bet bet the first people to sign up would be the ones who like going out killing things, like squirrels. And future criminals too.

Comment

I bet bet the first people to sign up would be the ones who like going out killing things, like squirrels.
                That would be misuse of firearms. I certainly don't want to kill any cute looking animals. At the moment people can do that with impunity and legally, but self defence - no.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I think the talk about firearms is a red herring.
                  The guys in the original post did not get done for using firearms, but cricket bats and hockey sticks.
                  It's easy to do someone in with a stick, once they are down and out. You dont need a gun for that.
                  I mean , look at Attila the hun. I bet no one burgled HIS tent more than once

Only if you have big rooms though. A cricket bat seems a bit ineffective at close quarters.

Ob question: Who would win (combatants being equal) a knife wielder or cricket bat wielder? Which would you prefer?

Comment

Ob question: Who would win (combatants being equal) a knife wielder or cricket bat wielder? Which would you prefer?
                    The Romans used a short sword, little more than a big knife. They were fairly successful...
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

A sniper with 3006 and half a mile away

Comment

Working...
                      X