• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A special anniversary: 12 months on the bench :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
    It can be tough to come back from a long period out of work, but it's not impossible. I never write anyone off, especially after my own experience and what I've observed generally in life.

Good luck mate.

Cheers,
    Thanks and i agree - I was out for 15 months over 2001/2 and came back to reach much greater heights.

As an aside, some of the best people I've ever recruited were those I took after a 12-18 month break (some from unemployment, some from travelling etc). Anyone who is highly prejudiced against those with CV gaps really is potentially missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      If you can't find anything in that time then I suggest that you are too honest in interviews. Well, you have to sell yourself don't you?

But if you are of the only-work-if-the-rate-is-right mindset, good on yer. I would do that, but I can't afford it (it is my ultimate goal though).
      I don't think interview honesty is a problem (not least because I'm not getting any interviews) - I'm extremely confident in my CV though as it's always done extremely well in the past and generates interest that is at least in line with anecdotes on here and elsewhere about general market acitivity.

As I've said before I'm not inflexible on rate - but yes I can afford to be.

Comment

Working...
      X