• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinks to avoid - advice from the wise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champagne, vodka & redbull

Sambucca

Jaegermeister
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Champagne, vodka & redbull

Sambucca

Jaegermeister

Comment

Pernod - horrible
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Pernod - horrible

Ricard 51

Best enjoyed as an aperitif on a hot summer's evening in France though.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Jager-bomb

After a session on these I read that Jagermeister was used as a field antiseptic in World War I.

I remember the blue bols / Green Monster drink from Uni. Once saw some goon from the rugby club neck one, spew up back into the pint glass and then neck what he'd just spewed up before re-spewing it again.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Baileys. When I was a young man that stuff made me seriously ill one night.

I'd been in the pub with a group of friends and drank six pints of Stella. I was fine after that.

Then we went back to someone's house and their girlfriend start pouring glasses of whisky. She said she had no idea how much to pour into the glass so I had several large glasses. I was fine after that.

Then the whisky ran out so I had a glass of Baileys. At that point I was violently ill. It must have been the Baileys that did it.

Comment

Perry

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  Jager-bomb

After a session on these I read that Jagermeister was used as a field antiseptic in World War I.
                  Yes, I actually keep a bottle of Jägermeister in the freezer for that very purpose and take a little bottle in my pack when out bike riding.

When I get cuts on a MTB ride, I wash it out with Jägermeister and glue it shut with superglue. Stops you getting lots of little blue spots and scars.

That should be in the Top-Tip thread methinks.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Here's a thought, how about drinking in moderation?

That's my plan for the XMas period - got to be on my best behaviour, spending XMas with the (future)outlaws...

However, New Year's Eve will be a completely different kettle of Haddock!

Comment

Kwak

I had half a dozen of these one day in Belgium. I floated home like a large dirigible. Passers by mistook me for the goodyear blimp

I think Kwak was about the only thing I could say , probably where the name came from

Kwak Kwak

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X