• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaius Octavian wrote:
    Allen Potter: It's easy. Those who conform get funded. Those who don't, don't. I doubt the typical scientist deliberately misleads the public. But at the end of the day, they've got to eat.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We are supposed to be able to trust scientists. Deception should be the antithesis of research science.

I blame the school curriculum. A load of teaching nowadays has to conform to politically correct themes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        We are supposed to be able to trust scientists. Deception should be the antithesis of research science.

I blame the school curriculum. A load of teaching nowadays has to conform to politically correct themes.
        Yes according to the CUK experts there is a massive global conspiracy by scientists across the world ranging from China to India to Germany to the US to the UK. They have all decided to fake their research to show global warming where none exists.

And in other news anyone got any theories why the Israelis "did" 9/11?

Please stop guys, it hurts too much.

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yes according to the CUK experts there is a massive global conspiracy by scientists across the world ranging from China to India to Germany to the US to the UK. They have all decided to fake their research to show global warming where none exists.

And in other news anyone got any theories why the Israelis "did" 9/11?

Please stop guys, it hurts too much.

You dont see people people banging on when they are certain about something. You dont see people walking round shouting that the sun will rise tomorrow or the earth is round.
          People only start making a big noise when there is doubt, and they always find the most to fault in others that they fear in themselves

You do have some serious doubts dont you ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            You dont see people people banging on when they are certain about something. You dont see people walking round shouting that the sun will rise tomorrow or the earth is round.
            People only start making a big noise when there is doubt, and they always find the most to fault in others that they fear in themselves

Uhuh and you tend to see those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo using every tactic in the book to besmirch a scientific theory no matter how compelling the evidence in order to protect their own increasingly ridiculous position for as long as possible. If you don't believe me ask the Catholic Church.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I don't really doubt that scientists globally have found the same thing, no.
              The alternative is to believe in a giant conspiracy as I mentioned before.
              Besides you would think that countries like India and China would have an interest to NOT find for AGW and yet their respective academies of science have supported the general consensus. Can you loony conspiracists explain that one - I need a laugh.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                Uhuh and you tend to see those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo using every tactic in the book to besmirch a scientific theory no matter how compelling the evidence in order to protect their own increasingly ridiculous position for as long as possible. If you don't believe me ask the Catholic Church.

Its identical to the campaign carried out by the tobacco companies to deny the link between smoking and lung cancer. Billions was spent on this using lobby companies, think tanks etc etc.
                And plenty of idiots believed it - till they got lung cancer.

Its also similar to the campaign going on now by City folk who say they'll leave if taxes are raised. There is a sophisticated campaign going on so the issue is reported as news in all the papers - and the gullible may actually believe it.

Anyway these unworldly types are prey to all sorts of propaganda - bless 'em
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its identical to the campaign carried out by the tobacco companies to deny the link between smoking and lung cancer. Billions was spent on this using lobby companies, think tanks etc etc.
                  And plenty of idiots believed it - till they got lung cancer.

Its also similar to the campaign going on now by City folk who say they'll leave if taxes are raised. There is a sophisticated campaign going on so the issue is reported as news in all the papers - and the gullible may actually believe it.

Anyway these unworldly types are prey to all sorts of propaganda - bless 'em
                  Your analogy with Tobacco companies and lung cancer has no relevance. When I was a kid in the 50s there were advertisements saying that “doctors prefer to smoke Marlboro” but hat the same time I was privileged to see a freshly cut out long from a smoker that was engrained with black tar. Conclusion smoking causes various diseases.

I am open minded about if man made co2 is causing significant global warming. The facts so far are more on the side that it is not and the pro-global warming lobby are without doubt manipulating data.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I don't really doubt that scientists globally have found the same thing, no.
                    The alternative is to believe in a giant conspiracy as I mentioned before.
                    Besides you would think that countries like India and China would have an interest to NOT find for AGW and yet their respective academies of science have supported the general consensus. Can you loony conspiracists explain that one - I need a laugh.
                    The fact that you choose to move counter arguments into extreme points of view show that you have failed to make any convincing argument to support your view.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Your analogy with Tobacco companies and lung cancer has no relevance. When I was a kid in the 50s there were advertisements saying that “doctors prefer to smoke Marlboro” but hat the same time I was privileged to see a freshly cut out long from a smoker that was engrained with black tar. Conclusion smoking causes various diseases.

I am open minded about if man made co2 is causing significant global warming. The facts so far are more on the side that it is not and the pro-global warming lobby are without doubt manipulating data.
                      Have you considered that you're not qualified to understand the "facts"?
                      The reason for that statement is you don't understand cause and effect.
                      Why would a tarred lung necessarily cause lung cancer? Perhaps tar is good for you? The fact that you saw one lung didn't necessarily mean that every smoker had the same lung? Perhaps the tar accumulated only in smokers who were drinkers. etc. etc.

So you've generalised from one case.
                      I think I'll give your opinion the respect it deserves.

HTH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X