• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you having for christmas dinner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trivia.

Comment

The usual and all the trimmings, but xmas is not at mine but the annual trip to Mr Norrs family.

If it was at mine then it would be 3 bird roast/goose or some favourable game dish and nicer trimmings than sprouts and overcooked chipolatas. I'm not a big fan of turkey.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Only EO ......
        the missus wanted to know where to get a yule log, so I told her to web on to a log site

geddit ? web onto a log site

aw fergeddit

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          the missus wanted to know where to get a yule log, so I told her to web on to a log site

geddit ? web onto a log site

aw fergeddit

Just humouring him
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The usual at our house this time. First time for me and Mrs BB. We invited people but we never thought they would be rude enough to accept and they all have.

I have made a Chrimmie pud and cake for the occassion. The former took 6 hours to cook and the latter is more alcohol than cake.

Looking forward to it
            Last edited by BlackenedBiker; 16 December 2009, 11:37.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              The usual at our house this time. First time for me and Mrs BB. We invited people but we never thought they would be rude enough to accept and they all have.

I have made a Chrimmie pub and cake for the occassion. The former to 6 hours to cook and the latter is more alcohol than cake.

Looking forward to it
              I used to make my own Christmas pud - I even have a round pud tin to steam it in - so we could have spherical puds a la Beano
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post

I have made a Chrimmie pub and cake for the occassion. The former to 6 hours to cook and the latter is more alcohol than cake.

Looking forward to it
                and judging by your spelling, some of the alcohol soaked into you
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  and judging by your spelling, some of the alcohol soaked into you
                  I love you man.

No no, I really love you maaaannnn

Oh no wait.....
                  Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    What are you having for Christmas dinner then?

Are you a traditionalist or do you have a red hot curry every Dec 25th?

I'll be serving up :- Chestnut, sage and red wine loaf, with roast potatoes & parsnips, carrots, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and cauliflower.

Plum pud & cream to follow
                    - much, much later, actually last year we had it a week later!
                    We are having lasagne. Our christmas day this year will be on 23rd Dec when we have Turkey.

Comment

Christmas over here is done on Christmas Eve which means we go over to the inlaws in the afternoon, eat Black Forest Gateaux, drink coffee, listen to some godawful carols and then open presents. We then tend to go down the pub. On Christmas Day I invite a few German friends round and over the years have done the standard Christmas fayre but this year will probably be:

some kind of soup (probably either Leek soup with chilli cheese croutons or beer, cheese and pasta soup)
                      prawn and ginger cake salad
                      honey, mustard and bourbon coated ham served with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, carrots, peas, sausages and brussel sprouts
                      not too sure about pudding but possibly an exotic fruit sorbet
                      cheese, pickled onions, pickled eggs and lots of anti-pasti type stuff
                      a tulipload of booze including homemade schnapps

Singstar, Guitar Hero and other idiocies to be played out as well
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X