• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here not vaccinate their kids with MMR?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Of course there is a risk with any external product you may take - that's part of human variation. I would hope that people have some idea of the comparatively larger risks of not immunising though.
    Although there is an increasingly larger segment of society that are too stupid to make the distinction.
    That's what happens in a post-modernist society - the revenge of people who were not very clever at school.
    You didn't ask about not immunising, but about the MMR.

Try staying focused scatter brain.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

He cant as he is too busy thinking up "insults".

HTH

Comment

Of course there is a risk with any external product you may take - that's part of human variation. I would hope that people have some idea of the comparatively larger risks of not immunising though.
        Although there is an increasingly larger segment of society that are too stupid to make the distinction.
        You previously stated:-

"Because there are some cretins who've convinced themselves its dangeorus. (sic)"

I entirely agree for the vast majority of people the risk of non vaccination far exceeds the risk of vaccination (though tell that to the parents who's daughter died recently from the 2nd cervical cancer jab). The fact is it is dangerous - as someone who has a neurological disease which causes significant immune problems my kids were were having there second MMR at the point I was being diagnosed. There was, at the time, a belief they could have an inherited form of my disease, unfortunately it is not detectable at that age.

We did, however, ensure they had the jab. It was not an easy decision though - I accept my circumstances were somewhat different to all bar about 500 of the population, but considering those circumstances does not make me a cretin.

Comment

... and if not, why not?

i thought this was CUK forum am i mistaken or have i mistakenly joined up to Mothering.net?

Comment

The MMR science (published by that F-Wit in The Lancet years ago) is bollux.

The risk of mummies killing their poor little dahlings driving at even 50mph are thousands and thousands of times greater than not immunising against MMR, but they don't give that
            a second thought when they are steaming off in their 4x4s.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Sorry if I'm too fast/making links you're too thick to understand.

Do keep up at the back
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

The risk of mummies killing their poor little dahlings driving at even 50mph are thousands and thousands of times greater than not immunising against MMR, but they don't give that

Quite. Finally a voice of reason.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The MMR science (published by that F-Wit in The Lancet years ago) is bollux
                  Agreed.

The guy did "case studies" not a proper study, but unfortunately some journalists think that case studies on small numbers of people are relevant when looking at the general population.

It doesn't help though that he repeated his assertions in his "case studies" because it made him money.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think the case is still ongoing at the GMC? But, yes, Wakefields co-authors (bar one I think) retracted when it became apparent that some of his research funding was coming from a bunch of trial lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      He cant as he is too busy thinking up "insults".

HTH
                      Your impact on this thread is similar to a pekinese farting in a hurricane.

HTH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X