• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown's Bottomless Budgets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungus, if this is a bad year because of the oil and terrorism and weve still got growth, we are'nt doing bad. Take my word for it.

All due respect and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer
      Fungus, if this is a bad year because of the oil and terrorism and weve still got growth, we are'nt doing bad. Take my word for it.

Hmmm, OK, the hike in Oil prices isn't entirely due to terrorism(?) and is partly due to increased demand in China and India(Who the feck gave them the internal combustian engine anyway? - Ooops, sorry, we did). However, Bush and Blair have truly fecked up our relationship with the middle-east thus leaving us wide open to be screwed by the majority of the OPEC countries.

Growth? In which sectors?

You're talking out of your arse...

(Which usually means none whatsoever.)

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
        Hmmm, OK, the hike in Oil prices isn't entirely due to terrorism(?) and is partly due to increased demand in China and India(Who the feck gave them the internal combustian engine anyway? - Ooops, sorry, we did). However, Bush and Blair have truly fecked up our relationship with the middle-east thus leaving us wide open to be screwed by the majority of the OPEC countries.

Growth? In which sectors?

You're talking out of your arse...

(Which usually means none whatsoever.)
        Out of my arse, do me a favour Supremespod, nobodys disputing the growth figure are they? Not the tories either, so I think you'll find it's fact son.

I checked out some numbers. How fast did mobiles, computers, internet and satellite catch on under the tories in 18 years was it? Well they've grown much more in the last 8 years, mobiles by 5 times! Face it, thats growth.

Your just getting screwed up with conspiracy theries and yopur glass is always half empty.

Comment

Please, comrades, no squabbling. If we just all put our faith in NuLabour's one party police state all will be well. It's only when we try and think for ourselves that these problems arise.

Workers of the world unite.

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer
            I checked out some numbers. How fast did mobiles, computers, internet and satellite catch on under the tories in 18 years was it? Well they've grown much more in the last 8 years, mobiles by 5 times! Face it, thats growth.
            I'm not sure growth in mobile phones is a recognised way of measuring the relative robustness of a western economy. Besides, this point misses the fact the mobile phones in the last 8 years cost only a fraction of the price that they did in the preceeding 18.

Comment

I gather that Brown has pi**ed off a lot of people with his Self-Invested Personal Pension (Sipp) plans. They have all been queing up to invest in housing to place in their SIPPs next April. Then Brown dropped the bombshell - "no can do".

And a lot of the financial services industry that has spent a small fortune gearing up for this change, are now howling mad about it all.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/budget2006...ticle_continue

And for the Conservatives, rather than getting George Osborne to complain about us being in the Brown Stuff, they should get Ozzie Osborne to throw some chicken blood at Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                But at least you can get pissed out of your tiny little mind 24/7 to kill the pain. Or have 500 joints on you for when you need a toke and not fear being done for dealing.

Hic.

Fungus.
                Tomorrow to celebrate the 24 hour drinking act and to celebrate the Victorious Iraq War, the Governments own drink, Victory Gin, will be available at a 2.5 per cent discount on display of your compulsory NL ID card.

Freedom through Taxation.

Comment

And with respect to UK produced oil reservoirs, I guess you'll see oil companies now holding off from any investment in UK oil and gas exploration. And follwing that, I guess you'll find companies with old oil reservoirs shutting them down early, rather than investing in enhanced recovery methods. They will then return to those reservoirs in maybe 5 or 10 years time when the financial climate is more advantageous. OK they will continue over the next 12 months whilst oil prices are high, but once the price starts sliding, they'll blow a whistle and start winding down old wells. Their money is much better spent on exploration and development overseas. They obviously won't shut down current youthful wells that are gushing away nicely. But the overall effect will be that UKplc will have to buy more of their petroleum products from an overseas market. Lets not forget that Blair can't guarantee British factories the right to buy gas in the UK if this winter is especially cold. They are talking about working a 3 day week if it gets bad.

What we are looking at is a serious decline in the UK. Well done Gordon.

Comment

AJP - just wait for NL to introduce a War Tax to keep them going on their Mission Against World Wide Terrorism.

Comment

Poor old Hammer. I feel sorry for those deluded souls who actually believe the spin. "The economy is solid". "You've never had it so good". "Our forecast for the next X years, is solid growth".

Never mind. It's not too late to sell up and move overseas.

Comment

Working...
                      X