• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV format

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    reminds me of a story, I have no idea if this is true.

A medium sized country pub, the landlord installed a little cherub in the ladies, with a fig-leaf on a hinge over his little winkie.
    The fig leaf was connected to a bell that rang in the bar when the fig leaf was raised......

Used to be a club in London that had that. The best one was in Aberdeen that had little video screens in the urinals which had pictures of people so you could widdle on their faces. It wasn't uncommon to see a few mother in laws there...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

First page: Personal - i.e. name, where resident (no address), telephone/fax/mobile/e-mail, work location and miscellaneous (I have professional certifications and titles I have authored)

Second page: Profile Summary - a one page summary of what I do and know including a selection of software/OS'es/applications that I know with years of experience

Third page up until page eight - summary of all jobs and contracts held with details of software used, tasks and for what type of company and where (no company names) getting progressively smaller as the years go back

Seems to work for me in 9/10 cases (and don't forget many agencies will just pull the relevant information out and put into their template)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
      X