• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV format

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    but again, like hobbies, someone might get interested

So its:

NAME

HOBBIES

EDUCATION

Comment

there is a little scintilla of a chance that the interviewer did rocket science, or that he went to the same uni.
      It's never happened so far(to me), but I hold out the hope that it may get me a job at least once

apply for a gig a NASA

Comment

there is a little scintilla of a chance that the interviewer did rocket science, or that he went to the same uni.
        It's never happened so far(to me), but I hold out the hope that it may get me a job at least once

You could have applied for that job for me down in Cannes. I was looking for a rocket scientist...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          You could have applied for that job for me down in Cannes. I was looking for a rocket scientist...
          no no no. I am not a rocket scientist, it was an analogy thingy, like everyone says 'its not rocket science'.......

aw fegeddit
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

no no no. I am not a rocket scientist, it was an analogy thingy, like everyone says 'its not rocket science'.......

aw fegeddit
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              Worked at a place once where one bloke was called delboy. Found out later it was because he had tried del *.* on the test rig results folder to see if it worked. It was an aerospace testing facility.
              del *.* should have asked for Y/N confirmation, or maybe not? I am going to try it no...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                del *.* should have asked for Y/N confirmation ...
                It was a story they told. I don't know the details, but I also called him delboy anyway. I assume he also pressed Y - bit like the big red button or the button with the sign "do not press". Never been tempted?

Comment

It was a story they told. I don't know the details, but I also called him delboy anyway. I assume he also pressed Y - bit like the big red button or the button with the sign "do not press". Never been tempted?
                  No, I use Norton Commander since 1990 (moved to complete rewrite called FAR), no need for command like deletion

Comment

Never been tempted?
                    reminds me of a story, I have no idea if this is true.

A medium sized country pub, the landlord installed a little cherub in the ladies, with a fig-leaf on a hinge over his little winkie.
                    The fig leaf was connected to a bell that rang in the bar when the fig leaf was raised......

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What sort of response are you other benchees getting from your CV.

So far, I have had a couple of returned calls, although sometimes just a fishing expedition, but nothing in terms of an interview as yet.

I now it is a bit tough out there at the moment but was getting a bit worried about the contents and layout of the CV. My layout is:

------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME (AT TOP)

PERSONAL DETAILS
                      -Age, etc.

KEY SKILLS
                      -bulleted list of skills picked up along the way - quick to view, most important at the top to least important.

EDUCATION
                      -bulleted list of education.

CAREER HISTORY
                      -again bulleted chronological list (most recent first) of previous jobs with sub-bulleted lists of tasks/responsibilities/packages/technologies used.

REFERENCES
                      -YEA RIGHT - GO SCREW MR AGENT (AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST).

------------------------------------------------------------------

CT
                      If you are the wrong side of 35, lose any reference to age.

Some on here recently suggested leaving out your home address but I'm not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X