• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas decorations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 days before is the proper time I think which is the weekend.

Girly just bought a 100 quid tree from john lewis.

Comment

We're not bothering because we're going away for Xmas.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        We're not bothering because we're going away for Xmas.
        same same, xmas day i'll be on the french alps with plenty of fir trees around, hopefully i'll dodge them all
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I take them down for Christmas, then put them back up on Twelfth Night.
          I know more than one person that does that.

One couple still had their tree up in the living room in the middle of summer, all the needles had fallen off...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            same same, xmas day i'll be on the french alps with plenty of fir trees around, hopefully i'll dodge them all
            I'd give anything for that to be us... the thoughts of another Christmas at home
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I'd give anything for that to be us... the thoughts of another Christmas at home
              off to the auld sod for xmas then?
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They go up last weekend in November even though birthday is 9 days before Christmas.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  off to the auld sod for xmas then?
                  Yeah... dreading it too - lots of pent up arguments with me Ma waiting to be had

Mind you, might be good to clear the air.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

putting our up at the weekend. Bought the tree last week. A garden centre near us was charging 60 quid for their tall trees! Wonder how much they cost to buy in bulk? Would it be worth taking December off to seel trees?
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      putting our up at the weekend. Bought the tree last week. A garden centre near us was charging 60 quid for their tall trees! Wonder how much they cost to buy in bulk? Would it be worth taking December off to seel trees?
                      It varies with the tree and it's genetics.

I grow trees that are clones of a 'perfect' xmas tree discovered in a wood many many years ago. It's a variety of 'Normansgran'. Most Danish xmas tree are now. I saw a field of natural conifers next to a field of these and the difference is startling.

Hardly any get through to England, or stay in Denmark really, as only the Germans can afford to buy them.

Today they're selling at a little over €35 per meter and the contractor has to cut and ship them themselves, and pay for the time of my guy measuring them as they go on the truck. (and judging from the lights in the distance, his overtime too
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X