• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More bullcrap from the idiots at the Met Office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live on a different one and am not affected.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I have discovered that there is a relationship between car tyres and Co2. The more car tyres ware down, the more it creates Co2. Ban car tyres now!
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        It another fallacy that there is complete impunity to twiddle model values to suit the theory. A proper error analysis, the study of range of error in the basic variables and assumptions used and their effects on the conclusion should be an important part of any credible simulation and one would certainly hope that a study that did not contain such an analysis would not be taken seriously on peer review.
        Totally agree with all your points Xogg as always, except for this one: there appears to be some evidence that there has been a little massaging of the climate change models to fit the desired outcome, and through mutual peer reviews, has been unnoticed:

A look at the source code
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Totally agree with all your points Xogg as always, except for this one: there appears to be some evidence that there has been a little massaging of the climate change models to fit the desired outcome, and through mutual peer reviews, has been unnoticed:

Basically what I was saying. Construct a reasonable model/simulation that scientists will agree is based on reasonably sound science and mathematics.

Fudge the data in to get the result that the government is looking for and providing massive funding for.

Everyone's a winner, except the taxpayer, the planet and the poor people of the world.

Whilst trillions $$$ is wasted burying Carbon instead of protecting the environment and looking after people.

Comment

Indeed, I'm not necessarily arguing that all data is being used correctly or honestly or that there is total proof, just that Dim's argument is one of many common anti arguments that is total bulltulip.

WHS.
            But then it's well known that Dim's intellectual capacity is such that his opinions have the same impact and validity as a chihuahua farting in a hurricane.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Take a look at leading sceptic Lord Monkton's interview. In the opening sentences he says that, as the total effect of all greenhouse gases is only 18'C it is absurd to suggest that the extra few % man adds is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKrw6ih8Gto

All very convincing except the greenhouse rise (over what it would be with no CO2 or H2O in the atmosphere) isn't 18'C but 33'C and there is little argument over that point.

Rather more convincing is this point about H2O which is by far the major greenhouse gas. If scientists are ignoring water vapour, that would be totally absurd.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Take a look at leading sceptic Lord Monkton's interview. In the opening sentences he says that, as the total effect of all greenhouse gases is only 18'C it is absurd to suggest that the extra few % man adds is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKrw6ih8Gto

All very convincing except the greenhouse rise (over what it would be with no CO2 or H2O in the atmosphere) isn't 18'C but 33'C and there is little argument over that point.

Rather more convincing is this point about H2O which is by far the major greenhouse gas. If scientists are ignoring water vapour, that would be totally absurd.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

I havnt read the linkys xxog, because of ale inhibitions.

but the water vapour argument has always been one of the sceptics major whinges. My own question, which i have joked about, but its a serious question, is this. Even if the planet is warming, even if carbon dioxide levels are rising, even if you have a greenhouse theory, prove to me its causal and not a correlation

hic

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Soory, but I noticed it, and posted such here as soon as the 'hockey stick graph' first came out. Anyone with even the lightest history education could see the Roman and Middle Age warm periods and the Little Ice Age were missing. Doesn't take much to smell a rat.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...on-record.html

Lord Lawson of Blaby pointed out that temperatures have been constant since 2001 and accused the Met Office of “misrepresenting” the data to support the argument for global warming.

"As a result of the absence of any recorded 21st century warming trend, the formulation now favoured by climate campaigners is that the last decade has been the warmest since records began,” he said. “It is rather as if the world's population had stopped rising and all the demographers could say was that global population had been the highest ever recorded.”

Comment

I have now completely changed my mind on global warming three times in 50 minutes.

It certainly appears that water vapour is not properly accounted for, the Kyoto protocol apparently never bothered to calculate the GWP (its radiative potential).

On the other hand the figures in that "convincing" thing about water vapour are actually not entirely convincing on eaxmination, because they appear to assume the high concentration at the surface apples to the whole atmosphere but it does not. In total, the amount of atmospheric H2O is only about 10 times the amount of CO2. Assuming (in the absence of a figure) they have similar GWP that means a doubling of CO2 would produce a 10'C temperature rise.

I am not seriously suggesting it really is that back of envelope simple, but just to point out that the anti brigade appear to be trotting out as many dubious "facts" as the other side and people need to start exercising a bit of detachment on the issue.

PS And CO2 accounts for only 50% of warming of all manmade pollutants including CFC's, CH4, ozone etc. That makes a 20'C rise and then all the CH4 will come out of the soil and subsea and.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh we are all going to die in a 350'C cauldron.!!!!!!!!!!
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X