• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Santa.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Somebody bashed into Mrs Tester’s car in the car park outside one of the care homes she runs and didn’t leave a note behind. Security cameras revealed the perpetrator to be a trainee nurse earning about 800 euros per month. Perpetrator didn’t know that Mrs Tester happens to be Group Head of nursing. Now I always thought of Mrs Tester as a kindly type, but I learned then that she can be quite ruthless. I still haven’t forgiven her for sacking the poor girl, but she insists ‘driving off after an accident is a criminal offence and we can’t have criminals working in this company’. Evil Mrs Tester; that dent cost less than the average pair of shoes lying unused in the bottom of her wardrobe.

Mind you, if it’d been my Merc I’d have dreamt up a fitting punishment too.
    Might have been a customers car though. Trainee made the wrong choice.

Honesty is the best policy.

"Dear Mr Tax Inspector....."
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I still haven’t forgiven her for sacking the poor girl, but she insists ‘driving off after an accident is a criminal offence and we can’t have criminals working in this company’.
      Did she make report to police?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Did she make report to police?
        Yep, she had to, for the sake of the insurance claim. I actually feel bad about it; I could have just paid cash for the repairs and saved some kid's job, but Mrs Tester's an emancipated type who insists on solving these things her own way.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yep, she had to, for the sake of the insurance claim. I actually feel bad about it; I could have just paid cash for the repairs and saved some kid's job, but Mrs Tester's an emancipated type who insists on solving these things her own way.
          Did the police get involved to charge that poor girl with criminal offence? IMHO - sacking her from job can be easily construed as revenge, certainly until she actually got convicted (or even accepted caution).

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
            Anyone who messes with another man vehicle should be executed.

I had to sell my 350Z due to 2 cases of vandalism costing ME £1800

I feel your pain
            Thankfully, the damage (apart from the stereo) is £62 to replace the window. But I need to learn where all the fuses go, as they ripped them all out to try and stop the alarm.

Stereo was lousy and going to be replaced soon, but that's not quite the point.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Thankfully, the damage (apart from the stereo) is £62 to replace the window. But I need to learn where all the fuses go, as they ripped them all out to try and stop the alarm.

Stereo was lousy and going to be replaced soon, but that's not quite the point.
              Indeed not. They would still be executed if I were king. Or at least kneecapped
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

IMHO - sacking her from job can be easily construed as revenge, certainly until she actually got convicted (or even accepted caution).
                You try persuading Mrs Tester. She´s quite obstinate in these matters.

Comment

Did the police get involved to charge that poor girl with criminal offence? IMHO - sacking her from job can be easily construed as revenge, certainly until she actually got convicted (or even accepted caution).
                  Sounds like a good case for unfair dismissal to me......
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Sounds like a good case for unfair dismissal to me......
                    Not at all. The charity is not allowed, by law, to employ people with a criminal record working directly in the care of it's residents. As soon as the police were involved, she had no chance, except possibly to move her to an admin post for which she wasn´t suited. The police charged the girl with driving away after an accident and she was convicted. Also, she knowingly damaged property of a colleague without reporting that, and this what she was actually dismissed for, seeing as it's written in her contract as grounds for summary dismissal. Mrs Tester´s right, even though it pains me to say it.

What could have prevented the police involvement is if I'd paid cash for the damage, or if the girl had just put a note on the windscreen, in which case I'd still have just paid cash for the damage and there'd have been no problems.
                    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 9 December 2009, 14:31.

Comment

How bad was the damage Mich? Just wanting some perspective on the bash.

Comment

Working...
                      X