• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think my desk has one of the best views in the world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sitting here overlooking a swimming pool and the Red Sea. I am stuck working since 6.00 this morning.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Not saying where I am in case one of the geeks posts on here. Ha! But suffice to say it's a very depressing office.

I'm the only female, and am viewed with a mixture of suspicion and bewilderment.
      Twas ever thus
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Majeski Stadium, the mingers in admin, a pond with swans and a bit of parkland.
        Aaah, the stadium of dreams. That is to say, I'm dreaming of at least one more home win this season....not after last night's diabolical attempt at impersonating a football team.
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Looking out from the 7th floor over the Ij canal and ports of Amsterdam. How's your view?
          Can you see the red light district?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Can you see the red light district?
            Yes, if I turn around and look; it's just behind the fat American with long hair and a nasty skin condition.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
              Aaah, the stadium of dreams. That is to say, I'm dreaming of at least one more home win this season....not after last night's diabolical attempt at impersonating a football team.
              Have never been to watch the teletubbies play. I see the mighty crystal palace dished out a bitch-slap last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yes, if I turn around and look; it's just behind the fat American with long hair and a nasty skin condition.
                So enjoying your first week at TT then?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  So enjoying your first week at TT then?
                  It's good. Also quite a refreshing change to be one of the best looking people in the office.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    My best was the classic view of Sydney Harbour with the bridge and opera house behind it. My last two contracts I've been in windowless rooms in old industrial buildings in the grim north. Good pies at dinner time though.

I had that for 6 months working in a tower in North Sydney, spent much of the time just looking out the window

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Not saying where I am in case one of the geeks posts on here. Ha! But suffice to say it's a very depressing office.

I'm the only female, and am viewed with a mixture of suspicion and bewilderment.
                      Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                      Twas ever thus
                      What is a female...?!
                      Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X