• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Bullsh...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    I can teach you how to tie a bowline knot one handed. Very useful when you have broken an arm falling down the side of a cliff. You need to be prepared.
    and quick if you are already falling!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Due to an IT cockup 18 years ago, I have two different driving licences under two different driver IDs with two different addresses. One is almost up to full points now.

At least that's what I tell the idiots who serve up the kind of bobbins the OP experiences, and they usually believe me too ...

Comment

Once upon a time I got stopped for looking too young to drive that kind of car.

Another time got stopped for slowing down because I knew there was a zebra crossing over the crest of the hill and it was school emptying time, so there would be children crossing, which they were.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Is it the 'Go Ape' thing? Did that once and it was good fun. Would do it again. The harnesses do most unflattering things to the men - take a camera!

Just been gatsoed for first time - 35 in a 30, so have been offered 'speed awareness' course - which is actually more expensive than the fine, but at least I won't get points...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            'rope adventure course'.
            aka playpark for kiddies. come up north and i'll take you ice climbing

Comment

I got the dreaded double flash at the end of Sheffield Parkway overtaking a nutter who couldn't decide what lane to be in. So I zipped past cut back in front and prayed the second flash didn't get me.

It did, 47mph in a 40.....

They let me off tho, dunno why, maybe the second flash wasn't good enough for court....

"On this occasion we have decided to no action......"

Comment

I am already sick of hearing the men around me talk utter bobbins.

I just love that. Never heard it before, and literally spilled my pint. Off to get a tea towel.

Can I use it? I love baby talk above profanity.

Terms and conditions of use - Some times profanity will only do though. Wurzel will find out when he cuts his skirting with a coping saw.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Is it the 'Go Ape' thing? Did that once and it was good fun. Would do it again. The harnesses do most unflattering things to the men - take a camera!

Just been gatsoed for first time - 35 in a 30, so have been offered 'speed awareness' course - which is actually more expensive than the fine, but at least I won't get points...
                  Nah. A similar sort of thing though. Do the course, bet it's hilarious.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I just love that. Never heard it before, and literally spilled my pint. Off to get a tea towel.

Can I use it? I love baby talk above profanity.

Terms and conditions of use - Some times profanity will only do though. Wurzel will find out when he cuts his skirting with a coping saw.
                    I always use that word when profanity isn't an option. Take it, it's yours.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I always use that word when profanity isn't an option. Take it, it's yours.
                      See sig.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X