• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Bullsh...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I did one of those once when I worked for CSC and knew no better!
    hated every minute of it, I'm a nail varnish wearing, mini bar loving kind of a women who really does not suffer fools gladly...

Yeah - good point - what the heck AM I doing on here
    Please stay, otherwise it is just me and SASgurus 250 sockies
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Are you a contractor? Tell them you have insurance issues with it and so can't attend.
      Better yet - tell them that you've spoken to the insurance people and you can go, but it will cost the client an additional £1500.

Might as well try and get some good out of it
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
        Please stay, otherwise it is just me and SASgurus 250 sockies
        Seeing as you asked so nicely, I will
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I'm working with a few contractors who talk and think like permies. The permies are mindless idiots.

The IT department is blindly following process for process sake and it's like the dark ages with all the legacy systems.

but hey, I'm outta here next week
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I'm having Lara Croft visions
            Er, yeah, that's me. Busted.

Insurance issues, that's a good idea.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              I'm working with a few contractors who talk and think like permies. The permies are mindless idiots.

The IT department is blindly following process for process sake and it's like the dark ages with all the legacy systems.

but hey, I'm outta here next week
              Boo, but yay. Are you on the bench then or do you have something lined up after xmas?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Er, yeah, that's me. Busted.

Insurance issues, that's a good idea.
                Tell them you have a spinal injury from years back and your doctor advised against it, but can you have their public liability insurance details just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Boo, but yay. Are you on the bench then or do you have something lined up after xmas?
                  have an interview lined up for sometime this week and aslo having a chat with someone else later this week about other possibilites.

If they don't pan out, some bench time/holidays.

i'm not too worried about it as i've been contacted by someone whom i worked with previously about possibilities at their client, they can't start doing anything about it till the new year.

If it all goes to pot there's warchest 1 and warchest 2
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I can teach you how to tie a bowline knot one handed. Very useful when you have broken an arm falling down the side of a cliff. You need to be prepared.

Comment

I got caught racing down the hard shoulder of the M602. I got let off because I'm Alex Ferguson and I had the tulips!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X