• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better Interest Rates On Business Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    http://www.abbeyinternational.com/MOS.asp Only £250 needed to open an account.

(You can open as many accounts as you like BTW, and can have company accounts- different application form, higher costs so not too sure why you would want to do this with what is essentially your money).

There are also many other options - For example Im currently getting 14.92 tax free after costs from BOA, but there restrictions.

PZZ
    12% aer limited to 2500 a month. Hmmm those limite savers always sound impressive, but..

0.95% per month, so about £1600 over a year gross of tax

That's if you put 30k in over the term. If you had 30k originally you would need an interest rate of around 5.5% gross to get the same return.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      12% aer limited to 2500 a month. Hmmm those limite savers always sound impressive, but..

0.95% per month, so about £1600 over a year gross of tax

That's if you put 30k in over the term. If you had 30k originally you would need an interest rate of around 5.5% gross to get the same return.
      Im not trying to sell it to anyone, all I can say is that it has worked fine for me over the past 3 and a half years and paid 11% after costs.

You would need to structure the rest of your life towards not paying UK tax to have any advantage at all I would suspect.

If you are a non tax payer like myself, then there are many other options to choose from- BOA are currently paying the highest of any tax free account that I have - but the catch is that it is by invitation only.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
      X