• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kneeling Romanians, chuggers, big issue sellers, Hari Christners, junkies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me guess - London?
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
      Let me guess - London?
      Edinburgh & Glasgow. Hairy belly was Edinburgh and Madam Babushka was Glasgow.

God knows what all the tourists think walking down Princes Street and seeing them all there.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Edinburgh & Glasgow. Hairy belly was Edinburgh and Madam Babushka was Glasgow.

God knows what all the tourists think walking down Princes Street and seeing them all there.
        I've seen worse. Some big red-haired bloke in a skirt murdering the bejesus out of a squawking cat

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Did he have a particular dislike for cheese eating surrrrrrrrrenderrrrr monkeys?

took me a minute that one.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Outside the South East I just say "Sorry mate, I grew up in London" and normally get a response like "Fair enough" and they move on to the next sucker.
            Outside the SE, anyone who calls me "Guv" or "Guvnor" gets ignored.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I've seen worse. Some big red-haired bloke in a skirt murdering the bejesus out of a squawking cat

My thoughts on them exactly. Although I do have to concede that since I am English they are probably intended to have that effect on me.

Comment

Here in Geneva the beggers go up and down the trams with their hands out abd generally get ignored. There were a couple of 'women' who used to beg from the cars at a road junction. When the lights went red they would walk down the middle of the road begging from the drivers - they didn't even bother to pretend to clean their windows.

Chuggers in the UK are the ones that really piss me off. It must be a hrad job as being told to sod off all day must be hard but walking through Leeds is a nightmare when these lot hit the streets
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Exactly wot I thought.

They could be Romulans with wooly hats on to cover the pointy ears.
                  We don't mention that branch of the family

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Chuggers in the UK are the ones that really piss me off. It must be a hrad job as being told to sod off all day must be hard but walking through Leeds is a nightmare when these lot hit the streets
                    Same in London, sometimes it can take 20 mins to get across London Bridge cos of chuggers, bucket shakers, the fat one at the end that's always crying, the jock who wears no shoes and yells have a nice day, the guy with one leg who insists on sitting down with the fake one out at right angles, the juggler one, the free paper distributors, the tv film crews, the 'arty' film makers. Don't these people know there are IT systems to be maintained!

Comment

Managed to make it to the pub and back and only get hassled twice today. The hairy cesarian section Romanian lost her patch to a native beggar today.

Comment

Working...
                      X