• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just made another £304 on oil futures.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yep. Made a bit of a goof up and am looking at a £300 loss at the moment.

Waiting for the turn up.

Oh...

Whats that saying? Everything that goes down, must come up.......
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Prawn View Post
      Yep. Made a bit of a goof up and am looking at a £300 loss at the moment.

Waiting for the turn up.

- I'm not laughing at you having a loss, but your trade management and expectations.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        - I'm not laughing at you having a loss, but your trade management and expectations.
        I was stupidly trying to think about the trade and watch it and do 100 other things at the same time. I was £100 up and ready to close but had a series of phone calls, missed the profit point and then watched my position turn to crap.

Oh well, I'll wait for rebound and close out, hopefully not at a loss.

Comment

Oh well, I'll wait for rebound
          Oh great Jinx it why don't you!

I've bought one at 75.85 just incase its the bottom, although it has been down to 73 back on the 27th.

Comment

anyone do forex?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
              Oh great Jinx it why don't you!

I've bought one at 75.85 just incase its the bottom, although it has been down to 73 back on the 27th.
              Oi! I invented this free money machine, stop complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                anyone do forex?
                How to end with a small fortune from forex?

Simple, start with a big one.

Comment

Oi! I invented this free money machine, stop complaining.

Quick question....

Crude Oil Jan.... Its says it expires on 15th December... So what does that actually mean? Your trades are automatically closed at that point?

Cheers

Comment

Quick question....

Crude Oil Jan.... Its says it expires on 15th December... So what does that actually mean? Your trades are automatically closed at that point?

Cheers
                    I reckon so. There's a Feb Oil Future and that expires middle of Jan.

So yes, it will close at that point and if you haven't closed your position before hand you will make that profit or loss at that point in time.

Comment

Quick question....

Cheers
                      Didn't you know - it's physical delivery. If you're long, you'll have a tanker turn-up at your house and asking you for the full vaule of the contracts you own and where do you want the oil? If you're short, they'll turn up with loads of dosh, but you'd better have the crude to give 'em.
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X