• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climategate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't put it better myself. (Is it safe for work? Yeah, it's fine - would I lie to you )
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Besides, any moves which make pollution better and slow the usage of fossil fuels are great even if the reason used is not actually true. Towns which don't make you ill from breathing, and a future where we haven't run out of oil, both seem attractive to me.
      That's my stance, but we're not being told that.

As threaded said a few days ago:

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      The thing is AGW is something that can't be proved one way or the other, but it is a wonderful opportunity to get research funding that is difficult to refuse, and a politicians wet dream: tax out of thin air...
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Threaded has it spot on. Money.

However, annoyingly politicos try to diffuse the separate subjects of the global warming hypothesis, waste management and energy efficiency into one convenient basket and of course, the public once again like one of Pavlov's nice, kind doggies bark "Bad capitalist!!" at anyone who tries to put an opposing view to the nonsense and policy that is driving the AGW agenda.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The Daily Politics blog has an interesting post.

Looking at the top chart covering the whole seven and a half thousand years doesn't it strike you as odd that the hottest periods are called respectively:
          • Holocene Climate Optimum (x2)
          • Roman Climate Optimum - Which saw the rise of the Roman Empire and 'civilisation' spread across the Old World and vines growing in the North of England (all ended by the Dark Ages)
          • The Medieval Warm Period (aka The Renaissance)

Anyone see a common thread here. If it gets warmer, it's going to be better, greater food production, less disease (remember The Plague), less deaths in Winter due to the cold, greater advances in everything if history is anything to go by.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

A new goden age.

HURRAH!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Besides, any moves which make pollution better and slow the usage of fossil fuels are great even if the reason used is not actually true. Towns which don't make you ill from breathing, and a future where we haven't run out of oil, both seem attractive to me.
              All commendable points - so you are all in favour of de-industrialising the Western nations & reverting to a rural existence & the attendant decline in living standards?

btw I believe the future will be a mid way point between these two i.e. the revival of cottage industries (of which IT is well suited)
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                I believe the future will be a mid way point between these two i.e. the revival of cottage industries (of which IT is well suited)

Hey, Troll! Someone has hacked your account and posted good common sense!
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Hey, Troll! Someone has hacked your account and posted good common sense!
                  Pearls before swine Rodders

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

btw I believe the future will be a mid way point between these two i.e. the revival of cottage industries (of which IT is well suited)
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                      Agreed.
                      succinct & without any insult...commendable there is still hope for this board

Comment

Working...
                      X