• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel to another ClientCo site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never been paid for travelling time and don't really expect to either. Once contract I did I spent half the time travelling around EMEA but that was expected but no monies were paid for travelling. Nearly all my contracts are based a fair way from home but if I was to factor in travelling time costs then I would price myself out of the market. I see it that I'm providing a service to a company and if I accept their offer then I should incur travelling time costs. Now expenses is another matter, if a client wants me to work elsewhere than my normal daily workplace then I should be compensated as that was never factored in.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      You would only end up in court if you refused to pay what had been agreed. If you ask your accountant/lawyer/doctor/dentist/architect to travel to Poland for you, I would expect the response to be "fine, but I'll have to bill you for the travel time".

By agreeing it in advance, you solve all the problems you are now facing. From here, your only choice really is to either refuse to work until it is resolved, or chalk it up to experience.

Again, I thought that I had due to previous travel during this contract period
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I have never been paid for travelling time and don't really expect to either. Once contract I did I spent half the time travelling around EMEA but that was expected but no monies were paid for travelling. Nearly all my contracts are based a fair way from home but if I was to factor in travelling time costs then I would price myself out of the market. I see it that I'm providing a service to a company and if I accept their offer then I should incur travelling time costs. Now expenses is another matter, if a client wants me to work elsewhere than my normal daily workplace then I should be compensated as that was never factored in.
        WHS

If I sign up for travelling then I negotiate at the start of the contract - expenses are always included outside of the Clients prime site.

If I haven't signed up I would expect a half-day rate (minimum) if travelling on a Sunday. But again that depends on a number of other factors...

If you don't like what the client has offered and you didn't sign up at the beginning for it I think that you could leave the contract with a clear conscience...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X