• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 2007 and my Vaio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have just had them create and deliver us a hot fix for Excel 2007 and it doesn't work. Funny that!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I've gone and installed XP once more.

Lost so much capability using 2007 on the vaio, built in features would not function, drivers did not exist to support my hardware. yadda yadda...

Took me about 2 days to install everything that was required for XP to run smoothly.

Honestly.
      what you should have done is backed up XP or created another bootable partition.
      Installed Windows 7
      Then rolled back in about 20 minutes

Mac users, Honestly
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        what you should have done is backed up XP or created another bootable partition.
        Installed Windows 7
        Then rolled back in about 20 minutes

Mac users, Honestly

What's a backup?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That's the thing you wish you had done just after the point when you need it
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            That's the thing you wish you had done just after the point when you need it
            Indeed

When I installed Windows 7, I replaced the hard drives completely, so I had XP safe and sound just in case. Put the new drives in and installed Windows 7, then started to restore from the backup.

Which I then found out hadn't copied everything, because I just used xcopy to copy the files that had changed, without realising that xcopy doesn't copy long filenames.

Had to remove the 2 new drives, put the 3 old ones back in, backup again properly, remove the 3 drives, put 2 new ones back in, restore.

Simple.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X