• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The liars are still at it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Dear Sir,

Given the doom-mongers' reports that Antarctica is losing ice the size of Wales every year, and the Arctic ice-sheet is only half as big as it was, why aren't sea-levels already rising and dislocating them?

Mr S. Air-Head
    London
    The Arctic ice is irrelevant to sea levels. If it all melted it would make no difference at all. (Of course Antarctica is a different story. That could make us very wet indeed.)

Comment

Air Head?

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      Nuclear Weapons: No threat there, just ask the Japanese.

Aids: No threat???? Are you really THAT stupid

Global Warming: It is irrefutable now. You are a science air-head if you don't believe it. But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.

The rain in Cumbria was an isolated weather incident, but global warming is real and rest assured that humans are causing it and that it is having profound effects on the ecosystem of this planet.

If you don't agree please feel free to say so on www.iamamoron.com.

using the following credentials

Username: Jeremy
      Password: Clarkson
      I think you are missing the point.... the real question is; are we responsible for global warming? I thinks the so called facts here are disputable. Undoubebly there will be global warming.... Are we responsible for it? not sure.

Comment

The winter of 1946 was the worst on record.

The winter of 1947 was comparativly mild.

Weather changes year in year out.

This causes climate fluctuations.

End of!
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

There's another lot of doom-mongers who say a big volcano going off like St Helena and Krakatoa undoes decades of carbon saving in one bash.

And there's yet another lot of doom-mongers who reckon we're well into the second half of the world's oil and gas reserves, so it won't be a problem for ever.

Is doom-mongery well-paid?

Comment

It pays a pittance, I can barely afford to keep my fleet of supercars in gas.

- Al
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...te-change.html

Comment

Originally posted by pyates210 View Post
                I think you are missing the point.... the real question is; are we responsible for global warming? I thinks the so called facts here are disputable. Undoubebly there will be global warming.... Are we responsible for it? not sure.
                And of course we'll have another ice age anyway ... once the natural cycle of warming is over ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  And of course we'll have another ice age anyway ... once the natural cycle of warming is over ...
                  They'll put a huge tax on anything that doesn't produce CO2 or uses little energy.

Comment

Working...
                  X