• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overpaid corporation tax after the company was wound up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errr... you did have an accountant, didn't you?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Out of interest, how did you end up overpaying by £600?

If your accountant did the figures then surely it is his fault.

Hence, he owes you £600!
      Indeed and why didn't your Accountant tell you about moies reverting to the crown?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Clippy, I was paying off 07 -08 taxes, I couldn't find anymore contracting work, so had to go permanent, but by then I had spent my tax money. Because of the postal strikes I didnt receive the statement in time, before I paid my monthly instalment.

Thanks Moscow mule I'll try that.

And thanks Zippy I'll post in the Accounts section.

Comment

If the company has been struck off, then it all belongs to Gordon I am afraid.

No chance of getting it back. Remember, you are an employee of your LTD company and now all of its assets belong to the crown.

Sorry.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by CityGal View Post
            Hi Guys/Gals,

I hope you can help me. I was told that I had overpaid corporation tax by £600. When I spoke to them(the tax office) at first they said that the money would be refunded. I just spoke to them on the phone and now they are saying that since the company has wound up all assets belong to the Crown and I can't get the money back. Do you know if this is true? Is there anything that I can do?

Worried and seriously out of pocket Gal.
            Nah, you're stuffed - Try a search on "bona vacantia".
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              If the company has been struck off, then it all belongs to Gordon I am afraid.
              And he's long since given it to those nice boys in the banks to lord it up this xmas with champers and caviar.

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X