• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$$$$$$$$$$$$ing tax disks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the DVLA just sit there in there silly offices just to see what they can cone out of the punters next !

What about this then .....

I had one car currently in SORN and they have never sent me out a reminder.

I have just now received a fixed penalty fine of £40 and £20 areas of tax, £60 in total,
    For a vehicle that is None Existing, I scrapped it about 5 Years ago.
    Due to some circumstance I lost a lot of my vehicle documentation
    I have about 6 more at the moment in the same situation.
    No Vehicle and No doc's.
    I have phoned up DVLA Swansea a lot of times after I had got a fine some time before, none declaration of SORN
    they say you have to have the correct Registration doc's for the Car or Bicycle as evidence for us to take them off the system.
    I think it's a bad thing having to pay £19 just to get new documents just to send them back to scrap the vehicle.

Jon

Comment

Error - Fleetwood module overload!

Comment

At least you get value for money with car tax; after all its not like we're taxed through the nose for fuel or anything.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
          they say you have to have the correct Registration doc's for the Car or Bicycle as evidence for us to take them off the system.
          Huh I need to register my bikes with DVLA !
          No one don't tell me no nuffink they don't.
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            Huh I need to register my bikes with DVLA !
            No one don't tell me no nuffink they don't.
            Do I need a SORN for my dead bike?
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Do I need a SORN for my dead bike?
              No, but you should ensure that the guy at the local tip you dump it at signs to accept ownership and disposes of it in the proper manner!
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Motor Bike's is watt they refer all types as ....Tax Class BICYCLE

Comment

Bloody 'ell, there's some serious stuff going on here tonight.
                  I'm off back to the caravan forum.
                  Cheerio the noo.

Comment

At least I was hoping for some good, supporting replies....

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                      At least I was hoping for some good, supporting replies....
                      Try reading your original post back to yourself

It reads like a 419er
                      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                      X