• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories lead diminishes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Well, there are some positive moves. As Polly Toynbee pointed out in The Guardian, Harriet Harman is taking a principled stand on the salary for the new chief executive of the Equality and Human Rights Commission. She vetoed the Hayes Consulting suggestion of £200k, and when Trevor Philips cut it to 160-185k, she still refused, pointing out that "anyone who will only do the job for a stonking salary is by definition unfit for a post that requires passionate commitment to the cause of equality".

So greater equality and fairness is something that Labour are committed to and are actually implementing.

The Tories, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to the cause of their own money and power.
    What is equality?
    Why is equality such a desirable objective?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      What is equality?
      It reduces the chance of someone else having something that I haven't got.

HTH

Comment

What is equality?
        Dodgy, you really need to read this.
        Then you wil finally understand

What equality means

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          It reduces the chance of someone else having something that I haven't got.

HTH
          So what you are saying is that the NHS will be forced to undertake an operation to make my Dick as small as everyone else's?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

What equality means

EO , I am sorry but you are just going to have to find a way of handicapping your brain so that I can understand you

Comment

EO , I am sorry but you are just going to have to find a way of handicapping your brain so that I can understand you
              did you not like that story ?
              best p1ss take of the hand-wringing, namby pamby, wishy washy, breast beating , arty farty, liberals I ever read.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

did you not like that story ?
                best p1ss take of the hand-wringing, namby pamby, wishy washy, breast beating , arty farty, liberals I ever read.

It was excellent. I am not quite as thick as er?

Comment

What equality means

Excellent story EO.
                  Do you think New Labour missed the irony and used it as a template - Moon Glampers as Harriet Harman?
                  Beer
                  is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Most of the CUKkers on here, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to voting Tory to the point where they would vote for a dead gibbon with a Blue Rosette.
                    Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      Most of the CUKkers on here, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to voting Tory to the point where they would vote for a dead gibbon with a Blue Rosette.
                      And probably have done.
                      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                      X