• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories lead diminishes"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    There is no point there is no opinion allowed on CUK only statement of scientific fact based on anecdotal evidence. For there is no higher form of intelligence than them who work wid computers innit. Rational debate is for morons, ego is everything.
    Aww, diddums.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Rational debate is for morons, ego is everything.
    Are you posting on here so much because TPDVille is broken?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    There is no point there is no opinion allowed on CUK only statement of scientific fact based on anecdotal evidence. For there is no higher form of intelligence than them who work wid computers innit. Rational debate is for morons, ego is everything.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 November 2009, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm always staggered by the number (and sheer stupidity) of the rapib[sic] Labour supporters on CUK.
    Oh the irony. Calling people who don't agree with you stupid just shows your own insecurities really. Most of the criticisms levelled could (and indeed have) been legitimately made of previous Tory governments unless you're too blinkered to reaise it. By the way, criticising the Tories doesn't make one a Labour supporter..
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 23 November 2009, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Small businesses are just not that important. They create few jobs, and generate little wealth. And contractors are not small businesses, they are just workers.

And IR35 is, let's be honest, just an attempt to make one-man-bands pay the same amount of tax as any other worker. You want to take only the miminum wage in salary, and the rest in dividends? How come? Dividends are return on investment: an IT contractor earns money for his labour, not for his investment: so it is wages, and should be taxed as such.

Also, the minimum wage is far too low, but that's another story.

You're right about the EU though, Ted "The Red" Heath should never have taken us into it
    Hi sas. Got Internet in the shed now then?

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Small businesses are just not that important. They create few jobs, and generate little wealth. And contractors are not small businesses, they are just workers.

And IR35 is, let's be honest, just an attempt to make one-man-bands pay the same amount of tax as any other worker. You want to take only the miminum wage in salary, and the rest in dividends? How come? Dividends are return on investment: an IT contractor earns money for his labour, not for his investment: so it is wages, and should be taxed as such.

Also, the minimum wage is far too low, but that's another story.

You're right about the EU though, Ted "The Red" Heath should never have taken us into it

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm always staggered by the number (and sheer stupidity) of the rapib Labour supporters on CUK.

Here's a government that's waged war on IT contractors, raised taxes relentlessly and pissed the money away to the extent Britain is on the verge of bankruptcy.

A government mostly concerned with waging phoney wars, on removing civil liberties and installed a big brother, CCTV, database driven, ID card, DNA collecting officialdom on law-abiding people.

A party of unionisation, big business back handers, with only contempt for small businesses and their place in the economy.

A government of waste, red tape, regulation and ultimately a handover of power to unelected EU bureaucrats and complete destruction of any form of referendum or democracy.

A party of troughing expense claiming two-faced pocket lining liars.

But as you say, nothing could be worse than the Conservatives.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Actually a dead gibbon would be preferable to my Labour MP

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Most of the CUKkers on here, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to voting Tory to the point where they would vote for a dead gibbon with a Blue Rosette.
    And probably have done.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Most of the CUKkers on here, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to voting Tory to the point where they would vote for a dead gibbon with a Blue Rosette.
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Dodgy, you really need to read this.
    Then you wil finally understand

What equality means

Excellent story EO.
    Do you think New Labour missed the irony and used it as a template - Moon Glampers as Harriet Harman?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    did you not like that story ?
    best p1ss take of the hand-wringing, namby pamby, wishy washy, breast beating , arty farty, liberals I ever read.

It was excellent. I am not quite as thick as er?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    EO , I am sorry but you are just going to have to find a way of handicapping your brain so that I can understand you
    did you not like that story ?
    best p1ss take of the hand-wringing, namby pamby, wishy washy, breast beating , arty farty, liberals I ever read.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Dodgy, you really need to read this.
    Then you wil finally understand

What equality means

EO , I am sorry but you are just going to have to find a way of handicapping your brain so that I can understand you

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    It reduces the chance of someone else having something that I haven't got.

HTH
    So what you are saying is that the NHS will be forced to undertake an operation to make my Dick as small as everyone else's?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X