• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    X5.

Says "I'm a coont, I don't give a flying toss about so called Climate Change, I've got money and you are in my way loser".

Love it.
    Surely an X6 says this just as much along with "oh, I'm so rich I don't need to carry loads of crap in the back of my 4x4 either"

I like the look of the X6, but only because it looks a bit like this
    Stinky linky
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

yes but Mich, 7 has the same problem, it's a saloon car, sits low to the ground and on the autobahn you can't see feckall of what is going in front of the car in front and/or the one in front of him

secondly, the fast suv's have presence and people get out of the way

you probably do not require these characteristics in blighty with your speed limits and cameras

but trust me, when you are going fast on the motorway it's nice to know more of what's going on ahead than only the lights of the car in front of you

after an SUV there's no turning back, nothing is safer

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

for that price and performance in the SUV market there's nothing else to compare

Milan.
        Save some money and get the Land Cruiser 4.5 Turbo Diesel?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

yes but Mich, 7 has the same problem, it's a saloon car, sits low to the ground and on the autobahn you can't see flipall of what is going in front of the car in front and/or the one in front of him

secondly, the fast suv's have presence and people get out of the way

you probably do not require these characteristics in blighty with your speed limits and cameras

but trust me, when you are going fast on the motorway it's nice to know more of what's going on ahead than only the lights of the car in front of you

after an SUV there's no turning back, nothing is safer

Milan.
          If I was doing German motorway speeds and had to swerve quickly I know what I'd rather be in, and it wouldn't be an SUV!
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

you're thinking olf range rover and discovery

the X6 has a stiff suspension setting same as a saloon car

but still even the pathfinder does not roll like the the old range rovers, and the X5 has miniscule roll compared to the pathfinder

Milan.

Comment

All UK-based posters please note: we call them 4x4s, not SUVs.

Thanks y'all.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                If I was doing German motorway speeds and had to swerve quickly I know what I'd rather be in, and it wouldn't be an SUV!
                WHS. A 5 series or e-class is very stable at 200 kph+, serene quiet on the inside, and if you need to swerve to avoid the stupid cloggy with a dodgy caravan and no concept of mirrors or indicators it will do the job. You see that's the problem with the autobahn; everything's fine until some jerk changes lane without engaging his brain.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Get out of my way! Those tapes don't change themselves.

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...typhoon-11.jpg

Comment

Pondlife,

, I will not go back to a saloon car, they sit too low to the ground, the great thing with an SUV is that on the motorway, you have fantastic visibility of what it going on ahead

Milan.
                    Good on straight roads but tulip on bends and Alpine roads.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Get out of my way! Those tapes don't change themselves.

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...typhoon-11.jpg
                      Looks like a Golf with a plastic bodykit.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X