• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salary: £6 - £9 per hour
    Company: Senitor Associates
    Job type: Contract
    Date posted: 18/11/2009 08:26:50

Helpdesk Engineer - Windows XP - Wakefield
    My client has an urgent requirement for a first line helpdesk engineer to provide support within a busy Windows environment. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a similar contract, excellent communication skills and a good understanding of call logging systems. Please send me you CV ASAP.

Ref: CWJobs/BBRS/HD1

£6/ hr is about the worst i've seen.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 September 2019, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
      I have this vision of Armstrong and Miller's RAF pilots talking it over in the mess room.

"I say, I've got this new job lined up for when the war finishes"

"What's that?"(puffing on pipe)

"It's all to do with Computers and tulip like that"

"Isn't it"

"Isn't it - I've got to do all visual and stuff like that, and I'm not talking about coping it, I've got to write it all myself and tulip, its well hardcore."

"Write it all yourself? You know what that's so unfair that's -like - making you re-invent the wheel and that"

"Isn't it"

"Isn't it"
      Harsh
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
        £6/ hr is about the worst i've seen.
        Wander into your nearest Job Centre and use one of the terminals.

Do a search for full-time IT professionals anywhere in the UK: there are hundreds if not thousands of minimum wage IT roles, and not just call loggers either. There's web developers and coding role too at minimum wage.

And plenty of people desperately trying to get them, so they do get filled.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
        X