• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors told that we are going to be offered permie roles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    1. I take, on average 15 days a year. Any more and it hits the take home too much.

Is that all? I take on average about 40 days! Surely one of the benefits of contracting ... I think most permie jobs will give you about 21, with the offer to sell back about 5.

Comment

Last permie job I had offered between 20 and 35 days holiday - it was up to you how much of your flexible benefits package you spent on it.

My last year there, I took a month unpaid leave, two weeks paternity leave, and five weeks holiday (and carried ten days over to the following year, which I got as cash when I left).
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

CUK lawdit article

Just to flag up that Lawdit offered some legal guidance on this part of the "Beating the IT contract crunch" (http://www.contractoruk.com/guides/contracts-index.html) series in Contractor Guides:

I’m being pressured to become an employee

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
          Just to flag up that Lawdit offered some legal guidance on this part of the "Beating the IT contract crunch" (http://www.contractoruk.com/guides/contracts-index.html) series in Contractor Guides:

I’m being pressured to become an employee

HTH

Comment

Show that you are keen but delay. Look for other work, make lots of calls, and turn up late one morning in a suit to get them worried.

Suggest renegotiating your contract instead of going perm. Small rate reduction, more hours, increased responsibility etc. Perm is just a super cheap contract; the 'benefits' are bulltulipe.

Ask to be made a special case. Tell them you have outside interests and are reluctant to commit "forever". Tell them you have a "meeting" with a potential client.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              They want you to be motivated by something other than money...
              What, like stupidity?

( Just finishing the quote for the benefit of the Dilbertless ).
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                Is that all? I take on average about 40 days! Surely one of the benefits of contracting ... I think most permie jobs will give you about 21, with the offer to sell back about 5.
                permi jobs must give you at least 20 plus 8 bank holidays (or 28 freely chosen days) with no chance to sell back days from the minimum figure

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  depends on what rate you are on and how much you spend.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                  X