• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

East European winscreen washer revenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    These days the windscreen cleaners and the women holding babies are being pimped. Normally by the same gang as took their money off them to bring them here illegally.

The money they take doing these begging activities - for that is what it is - is then taken from them.
    So not only are these people at the bottom but some other scum is taking advantage of them and your response is to kick them again

It is all part of a dangerous, filthy practice which should have been stopped by coppers getting off their car-bound bone-idle arses and arresting them and magistrates doing something and government listening to the likes of the Anti Slavery International when they said people were being illegally brought in to do this kind of work back in the 1990s and earlier.
    Agreed, kicking the real victims in this setup is not the answer though.

Encouraging them is not the answer. The women do not get the money.

Edit: except for some of the East Europeans. They're here legally just to beg. And I feel no compassion for them either. Beggars are like rats: feed them and their population grows exponentially.
    So a medieval public humiliation is the answer instead?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      So not only are these people at the bottom but some other scum is taking advantage of them and your response is to kick them again
      Yes. Make it so unattractive nobody will do it.

So a medieval public humiliation is the answer instead?
      Yes, some publicity internationally that as a nation we have gone back to our strong stance on the matter would be a good idea.

If you tolerate begging, it gets worse and crime comes with it. Encouraging it is very unwise indeed.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

That wasn't the image I conjured whilst reading your 'saucy' story.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So the tart does a soapy little heart on the windscreen while her mate sticks up her middle finger....

I've seen that video, it's a classic.

Comment

Generally, if someone is being forced into it by a criminal gang then they don't have a choice
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I also can't see the point of what they do and why they expect payment. My car comes equipped with wipers and a mechanism for spraying clean water and soap onto the windscreen. I don't need some toothless hag rubbing her dirty sponge over the window for a quid.

Out here in Geneva they have some who beg at the side of the road near where I work. They literally wander up and down the traffic queue and tap on the drivers window looking for cash. They don't even bother with the whole window washing routine.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Generally, if someone is being forced into it by a criminal gang then they don't have a choice
                If the gangs know their victims will be immediately picked up and thoroughly interviewed as to where they came from, what they are up to, why, and who for then they will pack it in.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Don't argue with this widscreen cleaner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFvYZgqCkQQ
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

And if you give them money you make it profitable for those forcing them into it.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

so why pay them and fund the criminal gang!!!!

listen to yourself well u

Comment

Working...
                      X