• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Button versus Hamilton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally it looks like a dream team to me. Something to get the english F1 fans really enthused about. Man for man I think Hamilton is the better driver, and car for car I think McLaren will have a great one next season so should be very interesting.
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Comment

My personal opinion is that Brawn had a huge advantage from the double Diffuser for the start of the season, which basically won them both the constructors and drivers championship.

Fairplay to them for developing the technology and taking the risk that they might lose out later on, however when the other teams levelled the playing field, neither Button or Barrichello was the best driver.

In all reality, next years championship will come down to Alonso and Hamilton, who with identical cars were 1 point within each other in 2007.

Comment

My personal opinion is that Brawn had a huge advantage from the double Diffuser for the start of the season, which basically won them both the constructors and drivers championship.

Fairplay to them for developing the technology and taking the risk that they might lose out later on, however when the other teams levelled the playing field, neither Button or Barrichello was the best driver.

In all reality, next years championship will come down to Alonso and Hamilton, who with identical cars finished with identical points in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
          They had an advantage, but I think people tend to latch onto a single technical issue (i.e. the double diffuser), whereas in truth it was a fundamentally good car and the main reason for their early advantage was they spent all of 2008 developing it. Red Bull also had a fundamentally good car but hadn't been able to develop it as much as Brawn had and so took them half the season to really make it work.

I think if the double diffusers had been banned at the start, it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference to the results.

I do agree that Ferrari and McLaren will be back on top next year, but I wouldn't rule out Massa or Button as championship contenders.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
            Personally it looks like a dream team to me.
            That's what they said about Hamilton and Alonso.

And Prost and Senna. OK the latter one worked out well in terms of victories and trophies, but in terms of teamwork, not so good.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              They had an advantage, but I think people tend to latch onto a single technical issue (i.e. the double diffuser), whereas in truth it was a fundamentally good car and the main reason for their early advantage was they spent all of 2008 developing it. Red Bull also had a fundamentally good car but hadn't been able to develop it as much as Brawn had and so took them half the season to really make it work.

I think if the double diffusers had been banned at the start, it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference to the results.

I do agree that Ferrari and McLaren will be back on top next year, but I wouldn't rule out Massa or Button as championship contenders.
              I wouldn't rule them out, however there's no telling what Massa will be like after his accident and with regard to Button, only time will tell just how much of an advantage the Brawn car gave him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                That's what they said about Hamilton and Alonso.

And Prost and Senna. OK the latter one worked out well in terms of victories and trophies, but in terms of teamwork, not so good.
                Glass half empty eh FAQ?
                We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                X