• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capitalism is a dirty word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD
    Yes, I saw that - hilarious! He's a top host and the audience applauded loudly whenever Hislop or Merton made inferences to Boris running for PM.

Nice glib comment from Dr Phil Hammond when referring to some afflicted celebrity "..well everyone has their problems, don't they Boris..."

I think Boris is one of those indirect promoters and edifiers of the Tory party: too close to the ministerial activity and he's a liability but on the media fringes he becomes very relatable to the general public.
    I couldnt really imagine him towing the party line.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I couldnt really imagine him towing the party line.
      Not with the current Tory party as they have been a little wishy-washy, but some of his articles on brown and his pension theft (£5b/year since '97) and his Spectator articles have been fairly abrasive with the "new" labour dynasty.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
      X