• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My neck's getting worse...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Absolutely. Of course ibuprofen/diclofenac reduces the swelling. To increase the swelling I use Viagara.....
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I guess it's the way we sit at PCs all day long that makes it worse for us. I bought myself a hard mattress and an orthopedic pillow, and found that this really helped. Considering I spend several hours a night on the bed, it's one of the best things I've spent money on.

Comment

Have any of you ever been woken up by a dead arm? One minute you're fast asleep and the next you're flapping your arm about like a madman thinking it's never going to work again. Anyone ever had a dead leg?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Orally is probably your best bet unless you got suppositories...
          I got some suppositories on prescription, and took them for a few days. They were useless, in fact for all the good they did I might as well have stuffed then up my arse.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Have any of you ever been woken up by a dead arm? One minute you're fast asleep and the next you're flapping your arm about like a madman thinking it's never going to work again. Anyone ever had a dead leg?
            When I was young we had a small farm on the pennines and in winter it would get very cold. I had my bed up against the radiator and a big thick quilt. Unfortunately the fire that heated the radiator would go out at night and eventually it would be like snuggling up to a fridge. Added to that the window in my room, above the radiator (and me) didn't shut properly. I woke up loads of times with a start as I had this cold dead thing over my face. You'd then realise it was your arm and I'd roll onto it to get it going again. It used to get that numb and dead that I couldn't test the thoery of cracking one off to see if it felt like someone else. Then it was a case of pins and needles all the way up my arm until I got the full feeling back into it. Still it's not as bad as when I went blind for 10 mins after sniffing some amonia in the barn! That really scared the tulip out of me.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              When I was young we had a small farm on the pennines and in winter it would get very cold. I had my bed up against the radiator and a big thick quilt. Unfortunately the fire that heated the radiator would go out at night and eventually it would be like snuggling up to a fridge. Added to that the window in my room, above the radiator (and me) didn't shut properly. I woke up loads of times with a start as I had this cold dead thing over my face. You'd then realise it was your arm and I'd roll onto it to get it going again. It used to get that numb and dead that I couldn't test the thoery of cracking one off to see if it felt like someone else. Then it was a case of pins and needles all the way up my arm until I got the full feeling back into it. Still it's not as bad as when I went blind for 10 mins after sniffing some amonia in the barn! That really scared the tulip out of me.

Oh, yes. When your arm comes back to life it does prickle quite a bit! Which is presumably where the description of pins and needles comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                You need memory foam mattress.
                It takes the shape of your body and does not stop blood circulation

Comment

I'd recommend seeing a osteopath, I've had neck problems and that really helped.

the ibuprofen and parcetamol help too.

Acupuncture has helped in the past as well.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You could always bleed your radiators to take your mind off it.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Sat in a draft in a pub last Tuesday night. Woke up on Wednesday in agony, took half an hour to get out of bed and sobbed in the shower leaning my head against the wall...

Spoke to a lovely nurse at NHS Direct (an unsung success story in my book) - who told me what to get in the way of drugs and heat-pads from Boots. Did as I was told and my neck improved over the course of the week.

Unfortunately today my neck seems to be getting worse at the same rate that it got better, I was hoping that it would be cleared after a week, but it doesn't look like it.

Owww...
                      Is any of the pain going down into your shoulder/arm ? I hope not for your sake otw you could have what I have a prolapsed disc in the cervical spine, extremely painful, apart from neck pain you get lots of shoulder and arm pain and numbness in fingers. Waiting for an op which involves slitting open your neck at the front moving the arteries and tubes to one side and then replacing the disc with a false one.

A lot of neck problems are initially caused by poor posture so be really careful of your neck posture if staring at a screen for hours every day...

Comment

Working...
                      X