• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protected job titles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    My best mate is a Dr by way of a Chemistry PhD, and the wives cousin is one by way of some other PhD - both use the title Dr.
    My Uncle is a Dr. of History due to his PHD - His philosophy is "I earned the title I'm going to bloody use it!". Fair play to him I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      My Uncle is a Dr. of History due to his PHD - His philosophy is "I earned the title I'm going to bloody use it!". Fair play to him I say.
      How can you have an exclamation mark on a philosophy?

The gf does not use her title of doctor as she says you just get pestered on flights, the precursor to "is there a doctor on the flight" is the crew looking down the list and checking the titles.

Great uncle lurch will be one of the first picked out and will advise the crew the traveler has an acute case of "not knowing who the Norman Conks were" while the patient is in their death throws from a pulmonary edema.

So who were you chatered by churchill?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        My sister has a similar philosophy with her car. I've paid for these bumpers so I'll use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          My sister has a similar philosophy with her car. I've paid for these bumpers so I'll use them.

Didn't Dennis Healey say that going begging to the IMF shouldn't be viewed in a bad light - after all we had paid for IMF membership

Comment

Job titles...who gives a ****, really?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Project Manager.

That one is reserved only for the most special of numpties.
              Oi!

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              its only a numpty doctorate or from a numpty college.
              Oi! and thrice Oi!

If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Working...
              X