• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV Programmes You Watched As A Child...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    I hardly watched any telly till I was in my 20s. I mean, we did have a telly in the house but I just wasn't into it at all. Most the nostalgia about telly from the 70s and 80s goes straight over my head.
    Conversely, my parents watched too much of the thing and as a result I didn't watch much telly at all during my 20s. I can still take it or leave it nowadays.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      Oh come on, am I the only one who remembers ... 'The Singing, Ringing Tree'...
      One of those weird European programs, wasn't it. I remember it being a bit frightening, with a little bloke scuttling about in the rocks watching everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Acker Bilke.

I remember the programme & have no recollection whatever of what it was about.
        French exchange student or something. That's all I remember.

Crossroads, before Sandy Richardson was in a wheelchair.

Comment

Singing Ringing Tree

The dwarf. The talking fish. The princess that looked like a juvenile Barbara Cartland. Seriously weird, and now I believe something of a minor cult:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singing_Ringing_Tree

Other stuff that still resonates through the decades:
          The Prisoner - surely some more of you out there?
          Catweazle.

The warm glow from anything by Oliver Postgate, heavily supported already on this board.

Susan Stranks from Magpie definitely affected me back then, but looking back at Google images I am not sure why

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
            Hartnell was a little before my time! Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker were the Doctors of my childhood.
            Same here. I started going off the programme towards the end of Tom Baker/start of Peter Davison when suddenly Nicola Bryant appeared. Avid fan again.

Out of Town (chap from How)

Comment

Acker Bilke.

I remember the programme & have no recollection whatever of what it was about.
              As Doggy Styles said, something about a French exchange student (nope, an au pair). I think the opening sequence was her walking along a beach.

The tune was apparently the first British recording to be a No.1 hit in the US. link

And Acker Bilk is still performing

I remember being scared tulipless by some Dickens adaptation or other.

Might have been The Old Curiosity Shop or Great Expectations.
              I have similar memories of being scared. A lot of those Dickens productions were pretty dark. And why did the actors have to shout so much? That's a legacy I could still hear when I last heard a Beeb radio play depicting the Victorian era - everyone was shouting a lot.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
                Same here. I started going off the programme towards the end of Tom Baker/start of Peter Davison when suddenly Nicola Bryant appeared. Avid fan again.

Out of Town (chap from How)
                http://www.jacksback.org.uk/
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

And barbapapa. Yet more acid-induced wierdness.

Comment

what about those japanese manga adaptations - battle of the planets and ulysses?
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      And was the guy in Finger Mouse really a paedophile?
                      Say that's not so. His name was Joffe(sp?), bearded & bald. He was one of those reassuring figures to me as a nipper like Jack Hargreaves, Brian Cant and the first host of Pipkins (can't recall name).

Spy Game (?) with William Franklin
                      Jim'll Fix It
                      Basil Brush
                      Tiswas
                      Banana Splits

Comment

Working...
                      X