• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV Programmes You Watched As A Child...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    oh yep, that was good.
    what about that one were the guy had his sword broken and his buttons pulled off, but he was innocent. (In the sand - my sister)
    Don't remember that, but

The Fugitive
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Henry’s Cat
      Super Ted
      Transformers
      Thomas the Tank Engine (original ones with Ringo Starr as voice)
      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        oh yep, that was good.
        what about that one were the guy had his sword broken and his buttons pulled off, but he was innocent. (In the sand - my sister)
        That was Branded.

He was falsely branded as a coward and thrown out of the army but I can't remember what he was supposed to have done, and the series was a bit about him wandering around the west trying to clear his name. He made a knife out of the handle end of the broken sword.

Kung Fu

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
          Thomas the Tank Engine (original ones with Ringo Starr as voice)
          I knew all the words to those - I mean all the words My little brother was obsessed and played the videos all the time. Drove me bonkers.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

There were a couple of programmes I watched as a kid but I have no idea what they were called.

One involved a kid who had some sort of floating alien robot as a best friend. I think they were some sort of crime fighting duo and I think it was an American show.
            It wasn't a cartoon.

The other was some very bizarre European thing dubbed into English about a sprog of a scientist, the latter had developed some sort of supercrop that would grow with salt water and very low temperatures.
            This wasn't a cartoon either
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

The Shadoks And The Gibis

I bet I'm the only one here who watched this cartoon series in the mid-70s. It was genius, from Belgium I think.

I've never met anyone since who has seen it, and I've never seen it on TV again, probably because it took the p1ss out of the British and the southern French, not that I realised it at the time. Kenneth Robinson narrated the English version.

Comment

Runaround with Mike Reid.

A-g A-g A-g A-gooooooooooooooooooooo

Or something like that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Six Million dollar Man.

We can rebuild him.
                  I had the action figure with the bit that comes out of the back of his head. Wicked !!

Comment

Pipkins with Hartley the rabbit (I think) ! Used to be on at lunchtime.

Comment

Jamie and the magic torch.

Comment

Working...
                      X