• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Useless feckers get off lightly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless feckers get off lightly

Link to story.

EDS has agreed to pay out a record £71m to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in relation to the department's computer failures that led to a £2.2bn overpayment of tax credits.

Although exact terms of the settlement are confidential it is thought to be the largest sum of compensation ever publicly disclosed for failure on a government IT contract.

However, EDS has made no formal acceptance of blame for the overpayment, saying only that it settled over "issues with the IT system".

A statement from HMRC claimed that all parties had successfully concluded " an aggregate settlement of £71.25m including an upfront payment and payments of additional amounts over time".

An investigation by the National Audit Office (NAO) found that the tax credit system had led to overpayments estimated at £2.2bn, of which almost £1bn is likely to be written off by HMRC. A total of £460m was also overpaid because of fraud and error.

The NAO report stated: "During the introduction of tax credits there were very serious problems which affected the stability, speed and availability of the computer system which delayed the processing of claims and led to incorrect payments being made."

The system failures led to thousands of low-income families having to pay back sums of money to the taxman, in some cases up to £1,500.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

One of my clients I'm working direct for uses EDS. I can categorically say after meeting these bunch of f cuking monkeys on several sites over time, that I've never met a bunch of f cuking useless cun ts in all my life. It's almost as though a subset of the welfare state has been shoved into "jobs" to keep them off the government figures... w ankers, the whole lot of them.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Another fine mess you've got us in, EDS.

BBC Radio report this afternoon: A new computerised phone system for the Job Centre has been responsible for losing 1 million calls.

The supplier was an American company called EDS...

Here we go again eh?

P.S. Let's look on the bright side - not getting through to the Job Centre is one way of cutting the unemployment figures.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X