• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish I was Indian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My all time favourite Indian dish - marinated fish wrapped in banana leaf and steamed.
    Last edited by Naaarwich; 5 November 2009, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Well you're right I guess. I was thinking about all the free curry I missed out on as a kid by not being Indian.
      I feel that I missed out too. I was taken of breast milk at an early age and I have tried to make up for it ever since.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
        Also, the vindaloo was brought to India by the Portuguese when they settled in the Goa area. Pork vindaloos you get near Goa is gorgeous - but you dont see this here because the Bangladeshi restaurateurs here are Muslim and so its against their religion.
        I went to Goa in the 80s when it was kicking off as a tourist destination, looking forward to the fabled pork vindaloo. Next day I wandered through a local village and saw what the pigs ate...never again. Switched to vegetarian food on that holiday (pumpkin curry etc.). Oh, and tandoori lobster.

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
          I went to Goa in the 80s when it was kicking off as a tourist destination, looking forward to the fabled pork vindaloo. Next day I wandered through a local village and saw what the pigs ate...never again. Switched to vegetarian food on that holiday (pumpkin curry etc.). Oh, and tandoori lobster.
          Until a bit ago we fed our cows sheep brains - did it stop you eating steak?
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Until a bit ago we fed our cows sheep brains - did it stop you eating steak?
            Tonyindian has a nice ring to it.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Isn't that what General Custer said?
              Pretty sure he said engine.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Isn't that what General Custer said?
                Nope, that was CyberMan.

Comment

Working...
                X